CA Service Management

• 1.  passing value to spl code without keeping in database

Posted Sep 26, 2017 10:38 AM

Hi all,

I have a tricky question. while creating a new ticket or change order, we can pass a value to an attribute of related object. (like PRESET=attribute:value). I was wondering if something similar is possible to send a value which can be passed to spl code after saving the ticket or change order? My goal is to open a new change order screen populated from another change order with passing some values. I want to create an object QREL to change order. 

If I'll create a few fields and store the values there, it is possible but i'm looking for a solution without storing this data in DB?

BR

Utku

• 2.  Re: passing value to spl code without keeping in database

Posted Sep 27, 2017 02:50 AM

Hi Utku.

You might use so called LOCAL object attributes. These are just existing in memory and can be used like any other attribute in triggers while saving an object.

You can set these attributes through the GUI or by PRESET like a you would do with a persistent attribute.  You can define filter conditions for majic triggers as well.

And you get their values as for any persistent attribute passed into you spel code...

Because they are not persistent, you can not rely on, that they still have their value after the save!

This is the only way I am aware off, to pass information from the GUI to an object Trigger without making the Information persistent.

Hope this helps

Regrads

...........Michael