Clarity

• 1.  Default mandatory field are created with the subobject

Posted Sep 26, 2017 01:33 PM

Hi,

I have a master object "Application" every time I try to create a suboject, by default it is creating default attributes that I don't need. Some of these fields are required and the system won't allow me to remove them off the list. why is this happening? what's the work around?

Thanks,

-Georges

• 2.  Re: Default mandatory field are created with the subobject

Posted Sep 26, 2017 02:29 PM

Which fields do you get?

I get these when I crate a subobject for the Application

The virtual fields are automatically created by the system and also populated for the instances. You cannot do anything about it.
    That leaves name, id and partition. The partition value is not required as it defaults to system, but you cannot remove that either. No checkbox next to it and with the field created by default only no Delete/Remove button either.

Normally you would not do without them.

• 3.  Re: Default mandatory field are created with the subobject
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 26, 2017 04:50 PM

that's exactly what I'm getting. But I was able to "hide" the name attribute by giving a default value. This solved my problem. I wanted to be able to remove it from the display list. 

• 4.  Re: Default mandatory field are created with the subobject

Posted Sep 27, 2017 05:29 AM

Hi Georges,

Each object in Clarity needs an Name and ID. If want to be able to remove them from the edit layout view then you can use the auto-numbering functionality, or by giving them a default value (not for ID because it needs to be unique).

Hope that helps,

Anthony