DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  Why so little IM info at the last 2 days of CA World

Posted Sep 26, 2017 01:16 PM

I just want to point out that there is almost nothing available at CA World about Infrastructure Management on Wednesday and Thursday on CA World 2017. There was almost nothing on the event center last year about IM, but I could live with that because there were a lot of good sessions available every day. But this year everything about IM is put in the first 2 days with lot's of session overlaps for the CA IM products (APM, Spectrum, UIM, SOI  etc.) Please consider to change this for next year cause I'm not gonna travel half the world for 2 days of sessions and I can't even follow everything because the overlap is way too big. And I miss a lot of product roadmap sessions that were available the last 5 years.

• 2.  Re: Why so little IM info at the last 2 days of CA World

Posted Sep 27, 2017 08:13 AM

Hi David, Thanks for your comments - I've reached out to the CA world team to seek a response on the scheduling for you.

regards

Pete

• 3.  Re: Why so little IM info at the last 2 days of CA World

Posted Sep 27, 2017 02:01 PM

Hi Pete, thanks for that. Would be nice if this will be changed next year, so all 4 days are valuable evenly for the IM products users.  And if the CA world team has some good advice to spend the Wednesday ans Thursday on CA world concerning IM it would be quite helpful for me.

Best Regards,

David

• 4.  Re: Why so little IM info at the last 2 days of CA World

Posted Sep 28, 2017 08:19 PM

CA Team,

Any updates on this?

Would be nice to have IM sessions everyday without much overlap so that we could attend most of the sessions. 

Thanks,

Ankur

• 5.  Re: Why so little IM info at the last 2 days of CA World

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 06, 2017 01:57 PM

Sorry for the delay in joining this conversation.  I am the Content Area Lead for our Agile Operations area at CA World '17.  This includes our application, infrastructure, network operations and service operations solutions.  The Track Leads that I work with for these four areas have been busy over the past couple months socializing ideas with their peers in product management and sales as well as through direct outreach to customers.  A lot of that effort has come to fruition at this point and our Session Catalog and Agenda Builder reflect this now. For CA Unified Infrastructure Management, over the course of the 4 days, I counted 16 sessions -- 8 on Mon-Tues and 8 on Wed-Thurs.  Admittedly, all of these may not be of interest to everyone.

This year we have made a few changes that I hope you will appreciate if you decide to attend CAW17.  We have eliminated sessions on Wed-Thurs on the 2nd level of the facility and doubled the number of Tech Talk theaters and sessions on the Exhibit Center floor; the distance between the 2nd level and the EC floor was the number one complaint from attendees and staff alike.  We also have tried to avoid as many conflicting sessions within a product area as possible; also a frequent complaint.

In addition to the sessions, I hope everyone takes advantage of the demo stations, our Smart Bar "expert", and the Executive Center 1:1 program. We'll also have some 'fun' activity on the EC floor to keep you busy and engaged! 

If you look at CAW17 holistically like I do, I hope you find enough content, interaction, value and fun to make our annual user conference worth attending.

I'm happy to have additional input from anyone.

Steve (steven.guthrie at ca.com)

• 6.  Re: Why so little IM info at the last 2 days of CA World

Posted Oct 09, 2017 04:42 AM

Hello Steven,

Thanks for your answer. Maybe my first question was asked to soon, since there are now about 23 sessions available in the area of IM, APM and Network Operations Manangement on Wednesday and Thurday. So I'm quite happy with that.

Regards,

David

• 7.  Re: Why so little IM info at the last 2 days of CA World

Posted Oct 09, 2017 03:47 PM

Any change of adding a 2nd instance of the session covering the the Whats New in UIM 9.x ?

Pre-Con Ed: Explore What’s New in CA Unified Infrastructure Management 9.0
    DO2X110E
    Monday, November 13: 08:30 AM - 10:00 AMSurf C/D

I fly in on Monday and that class is in the early AM Monday so I'll be missing it.