Clarity

• 1.  API, Investment, and Blueprints.

Posted Sep 27, 2017 10:51 AM

As a general rule, we create custom attributes at the Investment level for shared attributes that will be used at the Idea and Project.  Especially those that will be pulled into the Portfolio.  However, it appears that those created at the investment level are unable to be enabled for the Rest API's and therefore unable to be setup to be pulled in as custom attributes for the new Blueprint option in 15.3.  However, if configured in separate objects such as program manager in the idea and project, the data would transfer but show up as 2 columns in the portfolio as Program Manager (Idea) and Program Manager (Project).  Can you force the API definition into the project on something that is in the odf_ca_inv table or are we now forced to decide whether or not the attribute should live in the Blueprint or in the portfolio?  Thoughts?  Or am I off base in these assumptions?

• 2.  Re: API, Investment, and Blueprints.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 14, 2017 08:52 AM

I have a similar question.

I would like to show the ootb attribute 'Goal' (id: goal_code) in the new UX. This attribute is defined at investment level. At project level, the API attribute id cannot be set. Is it possible to show this attribute in the blueprints?

• 3.  Re: API, Investment, and Blueprints.

Posted Jun 25, 2018 11:34 PM

Hello Koen,

I may be too late with this answer to help, but just to confirm that "Goal" is not currently exposed to the Blueprints, as per CA PPM 15.4.

There can be various reasons why Attributes are not exposed, but this one was reviewed ( DE37624) and decided at the time not to be exposed, so there is no workaround that I know of for now. 

It may be in the future, but you could also log an Idea here at PPM to request that this - or other missing ones - are added.

Thanks, Kyle_R.

• 4.  Re: API, Investment, and Blueprints.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 26, 2018 12:04 PM

Here's a KB that outlines more details on which attributes currently are not available to be added: In the New UX, Some Attributes Cannot Be Added To - CA Knowledge. In regards to the original issue in the discussion, this is due to a defect fixed as of 15.3 patch 1 and higher (see KB: In the New UX, Unable to add Custom Attributes to - CA Knowledge  for more details on the defect)