DX NetOps

• 1.  CA Spectrum / Cisco Feature Set / Report

Posted Sep 27, 2017 01:26 PM

hi everyone,

i have a quick question on the reporting functionality of CA specrum. i am trying to export the information highlighted below for all my CISCO devices. the information is the specific feature set deployed on my routers/switches/... the information could also be gathered through the IOS image name. 

is there a way to export this information for all my CISCO devices at once, instead of collecting it for each device separately?

thank you!

• 2.  Re: CA Spectrum / Cisco Feature Set / Report

Posted Sep 27, 2017 04:08 PM

I am not sure about exported just the information you have highlighted but you could add sysDescr to the table-model-config.xml file on the OneClick system, run a search to find all your Cisco models and then display the sysDescr column in the Results tab. It will display the entire contents of the sysDescr in the column. Then export the results to a csv format:

Joe

• 3.  Re: CA Spectrum / Cisco Feature Set / Report

Posted Sep 27, 2017 05:16 PM

Thanks, Joe. I will give it a shot.

• 4.  Re: CA Spectrum / Cisco Feature Set / Report

Posted Sep 27, 2017 05:45 PM

I have a quick follow up question. You mentioned that the content of the sysDescr will provide this information. The attributeid for the description attribute is listed as "0x230017 and 0x118bc".

Can I add multiple attributes under <content> in the XML (see below), or how should I handle this?

<content>

<attribute>0x230017</attribute>

<attribute>0x118bc</attribute>

</content>

Thanks!

• 5.  Re: CA Spectrum / Cisco Feature Set / Report

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 28, 2017 12:51 AM

I don't think we can have multiple attributes set within the <content> tag

• 6.  Re: CA Spectrum / Cisco Feature Set / Report

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 28, 2017 12:50 AM

The other way is to utilize NRM_RunningFirmware (attribute id 0x12de0) attribute. We can create Regex filter to extract required data from sysDescr (attribute id 0x10052) attribute value. Please check the following KD article.

TEC1633492: Spectrum NRM_RunningFirmware attribute not populating for some device models. 

I think the following website will help to construct your own Regex.

https://regex101.com/