DX Application Performance Management

• 1.  CA AXA: Unable to Login using Masteradmin

Posted Sep 27, 2017 06:26 PM

Hi Team,

I installed CA AXA 17.2.1 using CA AXA & Log Analytics on a single node ("All-in-One Install") mode. During installation, I provided the password for masteradmin user as well. I used the database as PostgreSQL installed during the installation. In the end of the installation, some errors starting appearing as shown below:

Error 1:

Error 2:

Error 3:

After installation, status of axa components is as follows:

For the error related to bootstrapping the database, I found the following tech doc article as well:

Seeing error "Unable to start User Data Service. Ensure that the bootstrap is complete before starting User Data Service… 

But the command mentioned in this tech doc is for Oracle and SQL server only. To use it for Postgresql, I modified the command accordingly and after running the command (after stopping all axa components), it is still giving the error in running the command that system is not initialized properly: master password not set.

I am able to launch CA MCC at http://hostname:9080/admin/masteradmin/, but I am unable to login with either master1234! and also with my password provided during installation.

Kindly provide support in this.

Thanks & Regards,

Balram

• 2.  Re: CA AXA: Unable to Login using Masteradmin
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 27, 2017 06:45 PM

Hi Balram,

This KB article refers to a 16.4 problem when install was run as non-root user - reinstall is needed as root user:

Cannot log in with "masteradmin" and "master1234!" after an AXA 16.4 H1 installation on CentOS. 

If that does not apply to you, based on the series of problems you encountered I would suggest to raise a support case so complete review of install can be done and advice given on whether the database problem can be worked around or complete reinstall is required.

Thanks

Lynn

• 3.  Re: CA AXA: Unable to Login using Masteradmin

Posted Sep 27, 2017 07:08 PM

Thanks Lynn.

I will try performing these steps and let you know if it fixes in 17.2 as well. But it is mentioned in the KB article that this issue will get fixed in upcoming releases. So it is very much possible that the issue may be different.

• 4.  Re: CA AXA: Unable to Login using Masteradmin

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 28, 2017 04:56 AM

Have you set the hostname up for this machine, /etc/hosts host configuration is very important for AXA.

Please also check the endpoints.ca.json in this part of the installation

apache-tomee-plus-1.7.1/webapps/admin/masteradmin

check how the URLs are formatted here and make sure you use the same format to access the masteradmin page

If you access the UI with the wrong format, it can fail to authenticate you.

With the error that is posted, it appears to mention issues with the JCE unlimited strength files:http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jce-7-download-432124.html

but I believe they might now be supplied as part of the install and don't need to be supplied now.