Rally Software

• 1.  Milestone Cumulative Flow not reporting correctly

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 27, 2017 09:23 PM

Related to the Milestone Cumulative Flow App:   All the stories that are related to a few of our milestones have been accepted but in the cumulative flow it is still showing that some are still in progress.  I'm wondering why the disconnect or if I'm missing something in my setup?  Would appreciate any feedback.   #Milestone #cumulativeflow

• 2.  Re: Milestone Cumulative Flow not reporting correctly
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 28, 2017 02:20 AM

Hi Mark broma16,

I don't believe you are missing anything. This issue is most likely caused due to a known limitation of how the Milestone charts work. Currently the milestone charts include items both directly associated to the milestone and items that indirectly associated. However, the list of scheduled items for the milestone only includes the items directly associated which can easily cause confusion. 

We have received both questions and requests to enhance the functionality of these charts to display this information differently. I would highly encourage you to visit this idea https://ideas.rallydev.com/ideas/D4230 in which another user explained the issue extremely well. Unfortunately changing this behavior is not currently planned so its important to add your vote and comments to it to help it gain attention so that it might be changed. 

• 3.  Re: Milestone Cumulative Flow not reporting correctly

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 28, 2017 12:36 PM

Thank you.  So I'm guessing if there are any related dependencies or a parent/child relationship that will impact this chart.   I'll take a look at the idea and add my vote in.   Appreciate the insight here.

• 4.  Re: Milestone Cumulative Flow not reporting correctly

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 29, 2017 01:23 AM

Sorry that I didn't have a better option to offer, but I hope that this information helps.