Layer7 API Management

• 1.  Which bundle should we use development or production?

Posted Sep 28, 2017 08:41 AM

When we download the CA Live API Creator from support site we got two folders development and production.

What I know about the differences between them is if we want to install all things (API Creator, Data Explorer,.....) in the one go then we should use the development folder war files and if we want to install each package separately then we can go with the production folder.

1. Which are the best practices to be followed?

2. When I downloaded the licenses from the support site I got many licenses files from there. How should I use all of them? Isn't one enough?

• 2.  Re: Which bundle should we use development or production?
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 28, 2017 03:44 PM

You should only need one license for each of your LAC servers. You mentioned in another question posted on the forum today possibly having multiple servers in your environment, as well as the CA API Gateway. Perhaps the reason you have received multiple licenses is because of that.

As for the LAC WAR files and the difference between those two folders(production/development), you have that right. The single WAR file in the development folder is the easiest to deploy as all of the components of LAC are included there(API Creator, API Server, Data Explorer). This is what most of our customers are using, as far as I am aware. The three separate WAR files in the production folder allow you the flexibility to install these components on separate servers. I don't believe I have seen a customer use case that has required that as of yet though.