CA Service Management

• 1.  live feed of open tickets?

Posted Sep 28, 2017 07:50 PM

Would like to have a live feed of top ten? (or 20-25) open tickets in Service desk, this can then be displayed on the monitoring TV's used in the datacenter....

Currently playing with exported data, however requires too much manual manipulation at the moment...

• 2.  Re: live feed of open tickets?

Posted Sep 29, 2017 10:00 AM

Poor man's dashboard:

1. Create an SQL query to get out the data

2. Run 'sqlcmd' with the query to get the data out of the MDB, every X minutes.

3. Massage the data and make it a HTML page. Add the refresh meta tag (

<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="30">) in the header of the HTML page.

4. Open the page in the browser and make it full screen on the TV.

Alternatively, create a Dashboard in Jasper Reports and open in the browser to show in the TV and make it refresh every Z minutes (Auto-refresh Intervals: modify the list of values in the Dashboard Designer | Jaspersoft Community )

• 3.  Re: live feed of open tickets?

Posted Oct 03, 2017 06:08 PM

Thank you for the replies and the helpful hints, unfortuantly at the moment limited to very basic end user options as the Help Desk doesn't give access to the various Admin or Backend DB? Unless am missing something would need either or both to carry out what is suggested. However it does give me a direction so again thank you.

• 4.  Re: live feed of open tickets?
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 04, 2017 09:30 AM

Hi James,

Unfortunately without having a third party dashboard application such as Xtraction (CA is Reseller Partner for Xtraction), OR using Jasper Reports which comes packages with service desk but does require a separate install on a separate server etc., or using the "poor mans dashboard" as mentioned by Cristi, there really isnt another way to pull data in real time to a universal feed that i know of. The only thing that you might be able to try is some type of web services call using REST or SOAP and display the results in some way that you can put up on that board.

I really dont think you can accomplish any of these items without some admin or database access or another application integrated with Service Desk to do this for you.  It seems that from your last post you want to be able to do this without having admin or db access to the application - that is extremely limiting and most likely wont be able to be accomplished.

Thanks,
    Jon I.

• 5.  Re: live feed of open tickets?

Posted Oct 11, 2017 03:07 PM

Hi jp42

Were you able to make any progress on this one based on the information provided?

Please let us know,

Jon I.