Layer7 API Management

• 1.  Does CA API Gateway support Digest Access Authentication Scheme

Posted Sep 29, 2017 10:06 AM

Does CA API Gateway have an assertion that handles Digest Access Authentication?

• 2.  Re: Does CA API Gateway support Digest Access Authentication Scheme
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 29, 2017 11:24 AM

Edward,

I'm not aware of any assertion or setting specifically used for Digest Authentication. The closest thing I could find was the below:

Require WS-Security Password Digest Credentials Assertion - CA API Gateway - 9.2 - CA Technologies Documentation 

I hope this helps.

-Alec Daniello

APIM Support

• 3.  Re: Does CA API Gateway support Digest Access Authentication Scheme

Posted Sep 29, 2017 12:58 PM

Alec, thank you for your reply but the Ws-Security Password Digest Credentials Assertion is not what I was looking for, I am trying to determine if there is a way to solve for "3 Digest Access Authentication Scheme" with CA API assertions? Please refer to the link below section 3. Thanks again for your time.

https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc2617.txt 

• 4.  Re: Does CA API Gateway support Digest Access Authentication Scheme

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 02, 2017 08:51 AM

Edward, 

Thanks for the update and link. Unfortunately it doesn't look like we have anything to complete the Digest Authentication scheme. You can open up an idea here on Communities if you'd like to see this implemented in future releases of the Gateway. It would be a good gauge to see how many other people would also like to see Digest Authentication implemented in the product.

I hope this helps.

-Alec Daniello

APIM Support