Symantec Privileged Access Management

• 1.  Listing passwords that haven't been verified. How? XSIE?

Posted Sep 29, 2017 06:00 PM

Is there a user guide for the pre-sales tool XSIE? The help doesn't have very many examples.  For instance, one of the examples will output all synchronized accounts with unverified passwords:

xsie-2.7-1.exe --export --output=list --filter sync=true --filter verify=false

I need to export all passwords that are not verified. If I truncate the command to 'xsie-2.7-1.exe --export --output=list --filter verify=false' I get the same output as above.

CAPAM rotated passwords, but for a small portion it didn't verify them. Not sure if this is a bug because I can verify them manually.

I need to list all non-verified passwords and via XSIE verify them (if possible).

• 2.  Re: Listing passwords that haven't been verified. How? XSIE?

Posted Oct 06, 2017 09:25 AM

The "xsie" is a tool developed by and for our sales engineers and not part of CA PAM components.  Please contact your CA Account representative if you require further information or professional services engagement.

• 3.  Re: Listing passwords that haven't been verified. How? XSIE?

Posted Oct 06, 2017 09:38 AM

You can use a PAM report, Accounts with Incorrect Passwords, to get the unverified passwords.  You can even schedule a job to run this report.  Once you have this list you can use it with a program to put it back into sync, using either the CLI, External API or A2A.

• 4.  Re: Listing passwords that haven't been verified. How? XSIE?

Posted Oct 06, 2017 11:11 AM

Where can I find information for CAPAM CLI?  Thanks in advance.

• 5.  Re: Listing passwords that haven't been verified. How? XSIE?
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 06, 2017 12:35 PM

Here's the link to the section in our Documentation Wiki that discusses the Credential Manager APIs:  Credential Manager APIs - CA Privileged Access Manager - 2.8.3 - CA Technologies Documentation.  Click on the various links you see on the page and I think you'll get what you need.