DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  Monitor Oracle Tuxedo with CA Products

Posted Oct 02, 2017 12:20 AM

Hi All,

I have an opportunity and challenge. My customer had middleware Oracle Tuxedo. They wanted to monitor their Oracle Tuxedo. This request was coming from IT operation team. Their perspective is on Infrastructure layer and they don't need a deep-dive monitoring such APM does.

If I go with CA UIM, CA UIM does not have any built-in probe for Oracle Tuxedo. But I was thinking, SNMP can be the solution.

I don't have any knowledge on Oracle Tuxedo. My understanding Oracle provides SNMP can be monitored but I do not have any idea what kind SNMP can be provided by Oracle Tuxedo system. If I go with CA UIM, how CA UIM monitors this system?

If you guys had any experiences similar with this case, please to be shared.

Thank you

Rio

Solution Architect

• 2.  Re: Monitor Oracle Tuxedo with CA Products

Posted Oct 02, 2017 09:20 AM

Hi,

I know it's not what you really want, but in the some case where my customers use "tuxedo", I place monitoring on the processes (in the case of you use CA UIM)

I found that it's possible to identify processes by the command line arguments and the binary path (by using regular expressions for example)

It's appear that Tuxedo has :

- a command line interface (Oracle provides some command line utilities). Very usefull to collects informations or implement third party integration.

- log files (if you want to use the logmon porbe to catch some events or errors).

I don't know if Tuxedo can be call by SNMP. I'm sure that SNMP is a part of of the Oracle product. But, I use this capability, to call (get or set) targets systems with Tuxedo, and not the opposite.

Best regards,

Jonathan