Rally Software

• 1.  Does CA Agile Central Support Anything Like Stored Procs?

Posted Oct 02, 2017 11:36 AM

Wincing, I do not expect it to, but I have to use function filters to achieve my goals and I fear the performance will be abysmal.  

My client has something like 15 years of data in their Rally/CA Agile Central account.  If we have to retrieve the whole data store and defer to the client side browser to cull out things that pass the litmus test of its filter function, it will be a total meltdown.  Perhaps, all filters run on "the back end," but I fear they are all on the client side.

Can you advise me on this concern?

Thanks.

PS - I recognize that project scoping and possibly some simple filtering can reduce the set of results that would be further filtered by the function.  It won't really download 15 years of everything that's happened over the entire company.  I was just referring to the fact that the legacy data volume is large.

• 2.  Re: Does CA Agile Central Support Anything Like Stored Procs?
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 02, 2017 04:21 PM

Hi Michael,

We do not support stored procedures or anything similar in CA Agile Central. Maybe if you can describe the objective of your custom application I can provide some suggestions? What type of data is your custom application working with? Are you using LBAPI in your custom application to retrieve data from closed projects?  WS API only looks at open projects, so legacy data will not be evaluated unless you are using LBAPI. Depending on what you are trying to do, you can also limit data by filtering on Timeboxes. Let me know and I will try to provide suggestions.

-Sean

• 3.  Re: Does CA Agile Central Support Anything Like Stored Procs?

Posted Oct 02, 2017 04:46 PM

Hi, Sean.  Thank you, for your response and tentative coaching with the limited information I've provided so far. 

I'm about to respond to a gracious inquiry from John Streeter and will tag you so I can answer both of you at the same time.

Thanks.