DX NetOps

• 1.  Alarm forwarding Issue Spectrum -UIM Integration

Posted Oct 02, 2017 10:48 AM

Hi All,

Alarm forwarding is not working from UIM -Spectrum Integration ,most of the uim alarms are getting created as event model in MLS and alarm forwarding is not happening to other landscapes ,it is only for few servers ,already created event admin in all landscapes with UIM. Tried the below doc.Any suggestions 

Troubleshooting CA UIM and CA Spectrum Integration - CA Spectrum - 10.2 and 10.2.1 - CA Technologies Documentation 

• 2.  Re: Alarm forwarding Issue Spectrum -UIM Integration

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 03, 2017 01:54 AM

Please check if you have configured SNMP Gateway Probe faithfully as shown in the below documentation.

Integrate CA UIM and CA Spectrum through the Southbound Gateway - SNMP Gateway Probe Configuration  

I suspect SNMP Gateway Probe hasn't been properly so when the traps processed by Southbound Gateway it doesn't generate alarm as expected. Southbound Gateway requires proper trap varbinds to work correctly.

If the problem is persisted, please show us the event data. Show us the capture how you have configured the SNMP Gateway Probe.

• 3.  Re: Alarm forwarding Issue Spectrum -UIM Integration

Posted Oct 03, 2017 08:17 AM

Do you confirm you're using UIM 8.4.7+ and Spectrum 10.2+? Are you using the bi-directional integration relying on the spectrumgtw probe?

• 4.  Re: Alarm forwarding Issue Spectrum -UIM Integration

Posted Oct 03, 2017 12:26 PM

Yes Christophe ,UIM 8.5.1 SP1  with Spectrum 10.2.1

• 5.  Re: Alarm forwarding Issue Spectrum -UIM Integration

Posted Oct 03, 2017 12:36 PM

However I have found the root cause .. we have some servers which is part of different domain (.abc.com) and MLS is in (xyz.com) domain .MLS cant resolve the servers which is part of abc.com. Since UIM alarms are passed via MLS ,this is happening  and event model is created in MLS.. We cant enable name resolution or lookup between these domains , as a workaround I have added (abc.com) servers in MLS etc entry hosts file.

How Spectrum - UIM integration will overcome this .