AnsweredAssumed Answered

Recently became responsible for administration of an on-premise environment without test or dev environments. Where can I find documentation to help the server and database administration teams?

Question asked by Anthony.T.R on Oct 2, 2017
Latest reply on Oct 3, 2017 by Anthony.T.R

Recently became responsible for overseeing the administration of an on-premise environment without test or dev environments. High turnover and changes of responsibilities have created a situation where the server and database administration are not very familiar with the environment. Unfortunately my experience has primarily been with the SaaS solution for CA PPM.

Is there definitive documentation for how to set-up a test environment step-by-step? I've been combing through the the documentation and knowledge stores, but am coming up a little empty handed, so I feel like I may be looking in the wrong place. Additionally, I've found that many links on the CA website lead to pages that no longer exist.

At the moment my Server and Database administrators are trying to figure out how to set up the configurations for server names and ip addresses and "getting the web/app servers to connect to the database". I am new to this organization, but the administrators appear to be intelligent, just unfamiliar. Unfortunately, the individuals responsible for the initial environment setup are no longer around which is why I am trying to help them by gathering information and documentation that can get them on the right track.

Outcomes