Rally Software

• 1.  what app do you use to create a report of user stories and defects that are in the backlog?

Posted Oct 02, 2017 05:02 PM

I need to create a view of stories and defects that are in the backlog that i can add certain filter to and share.  What app can i use?

• 2.  Re: what app do you use to create a report of user stories and defects that are in the backlog?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 02, 2017 05:28 PM

Hi Olga,  you may be interested in Work Views which can replace the Backlog page, allows you to filter and also to export the data to Excel CSV format.  There are also a number of Apps on Github provided as-is and are not supported by CA.  You may wish to test these in your Sandbox before using them in your Production environment.  Backlog Board, Backlog Ready Depth, are some of the available apps to help view, report on and manage your backlog.

• 3.  Re: what app do you use to create a report of user stories and defects that are in the backlog?

Posted Oct 02, 2017 10:16 PM

Or of course you could just use the Plan --> Backlog page

• 4.  Re: what app do you use to create a report of user stories and defects that are in the backlog?

Posted Oct 03, 2017 10:16 AM

Thank you, Edwin; very helpful.  Is there a way to share a work view? 

• 5.  Re: what app do you use to create a report of user stories and defects that are in the backlog?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 03, 2017 11:15 AM

Hi Olga, unfortunately it is not possible to share work views.  If you want to share the page, please consider a shared page with 2 custom lists; 1 for user stories, 1 for defects.  Please note that the filters that you apply to the view can't be locked in place.  Users can change the filters on a shared page.

• 6.  Re: what app do you use to create a report of user stories and defects that are in the backlog?

Posted Oct 03, 2017 02:01 PM

Thanks, Edwin.  Currently I use custom grid with 2 columns and embedded query so that everyone has the same view. I use it for the users that don't know how to create filters.  I was hoping to create a view similar to backlog, but looks like it's not possible yet.