CA Client Automation

• 1.  Scalability server movement best practices

Posted Oct 03, 2017 01:32 AM

Hi All,

We are moving 6 scalability servers from one domain manger to another domain manager. Would like to know the best parctices to move the SS from one DM to another DM which is pointed to same EM.

Need your help to understand the below questions.

1) Around 6K plus agents are pointed to these 6 SS. Do i need to run the command(cserver config -h <new DM> -j) ?
    2) How about the custom configuration policies which are applied on the agent machines? will that policy will be available on the agent machine once it moved to new Dm ?
    3) Do i need to consider any other best practices after moving the 6 SS.
    4) How long it will take to move 6K plus agent machines to new DM ? How do we calculate the time ?

Thanks in Advance.

• 2.  Re: Scalability server movement best practices
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 03, 2017 05:18 AM
      |   view attached

1), When moving the SS I do not normally recommend using the -j option.

2), Are your configuration policy’s defined at the ES, if yes then they will be the same. Else, the system will get Default and any specific polices from the new DM.

3), Its best to delete all SD jobs for the Agents prior to the move of the SS. Only move one SS at a time.

4), It depends on the performance of the DM’s and the number of installed packages. These two configuration settings effect the performance. Increase the Time Limit and decrease the Time between to give more resources to the mover task.

• 3.  Re: Scalability server movement best practices

Posted Oct 03, 2017 07:45 PM

Thanks steve for your reply, I'm giving new values to improve the mover task. Is it ok if i provide below values ?

Computer move: Task time limit : 30
    Computer move: Time between tasks : 10

Thanks and Regards
    Varun kumar

• 4.  Re: Scalability server movement best practices

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 04, 2017 05:27 AM

Yes, that’s fine.