CA Service Management

• 1.  Modify field date when status change

Posted Oct 03, 2017 11:01 AM

Hello,

I give an example  I want to do:

Modification of Resolution Date at the moment of change of state to a ticket that resolves, putting the "Activity Date" instead of the "System Date"

Someone can help me how can it be done? I do not know how to do

Thanks in advanced

Best regards

• 2.  Re: Modify field date when status change

Posted Oct 04, 2017 09:07 AM

Hi Eva,  

I am not sure I completely understand the ask on this one.  When you say you want the activity date to be used instead of the system date, where specifically are you looking to have that date show?   Activity Log?  or Close Date?  Not sure I understand why there would be a difference in the activity date vs. the system date as the activity date would be the system date when that status change occurs.

Can you provide some clarification on specifically what you are looking to do and maybe share some screenshots?

Thanks,

Jon I.

• 3.  Re: Modify field date when status change

Posted Oct 04, 2017 09:28 AM

Hello Jon

Sorry for not understanding me
    When the ticket passes to resolved state the value of the activity date field has to be put in the Date Resolution fieldMy question is whether it is done with spell or how it is done, I take little little with the tool and I do not know how to do it

Thanks.

• 4.  Re: Modify field date when status change

Posted Oct 04, 2017 09:45 AM

That is done by hard coded spelcode triggers that are not user-editable.  

What is it that you are specifically trying to do here though?

Jon

• 5.  Re: Modify field date when status change

Posted Oct 04, 2017 09:54 AM

That's what I ask because I do not know how to do it, if it's done by spel. Is there a similar example that serves as a reference?

Eva.

• 6.  Re: Modify field date when status change
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 04, 2017 11:03 AM

Hi Eva,

We dont support custom spelcode changes from a CA Support standpoint - its outside of our scope.  Can you give us the use case for what you are trying to do so I can better understand it and possibly give you some other ideas?

Jon

• 7.  Re: Modify field date when status change

Posted Oct 04, 2017 11:29 AM

Ok Jon, thanks for all

Eva

• 8.  Re: Modify field date when status change

Posted Oct 04, 2017 12:23 PM

Hi Romero,
    You can achieve your goal using the ITPAM integration with the service desk. In that case, as Jon_Israel said, we will not replace the actual trigger on spel, due the support. We can create a flow on ITPAM that do the trick. With that you will replace the previous solution value that is the default mode, with the value you want from the solution activity log. You can insert the ITPAM flow on an SRF that will be put on a macro on SDM and that macro will be added on an event witch one you will insert on the notification method resolution, so every time the solution is made, this flow will be started.