Clarity

• 1.  CA PPM 15.1 loadbalancing JSESSIONID?

Posted Oct 03, 2017 06:37 AM

Hello, after upgrade on the version 15.1, we have a problem with loadbalancing (we are using apache tomcat). When we login to the CA PPM, we don't get the JSESSIONID, which is important for us and the balancing. We did a lot of research and we found nothing wrong with the configuration. In the version 14.2 was everything fine.

1. When we put to a adress link "https://URL/niku" -> we get the JSESSIONID and we are using this as workaround.

2. When we go on security.caches -> we get the JSESSIONID too.

3. When we go normally to the CA PPM -> we don't get the JSESSIONID in most cases, but sometimes (really low chance) we get it randomly.

Apache version - 8.0.33 (from the installation ISO file)

CA PPM version - 15.1.0.149 03 5

I am really confused about this behavior. Did anyone have the same problems? 

Thank you.

• 2.  Re: CA PPM 15.1 loadbalancing JSESSIONID?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 03, 2017 07:10 AM

Hi Pavel,

JSESSION ID is not consistent and I can find the same behavior, let me check and come back to you.

Regards

Suman Pramanik 

• 3.  Re: CA PPM 15.1 loadbalancing JSESSIONID?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 07, 2017 03:21 PM

Hi Pavel,

I looked further into this, JSESSIONID is a Tomcat cookie used to handle the session management for Jaspersoft. It’s created when a JSP Page is accessed – which is what our security.caches uses. 

PPM doesn’t use JSESSIONID, The reporting work we’ve done with JasperSoft has some references to JSESSIONID, but that’s for the Jasper Soft side of things, and in 15.1 its managed within tomcat itself for Jaspersoft and not exposed. 

Hence ideally you will not need JSESSIONID for PPM load balancing.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Suman Pramanik