Symantec Privileged Access Management

• 1.  SAM is not available in linux endpoint

Posted Oct 03, 2017 09:46 AM

Hello community

After installing and starting the PIM agent for linux this endpoint appears available as a host but is not available for account discovery, the SAM option is not enabled for the host. What I can do?

• 2.  Re:  SAM is not available in linux endpoint

Posted Oct 03, 2017 09:58 AM

HI

you have to tell us more about the version of PIM you are using , 

but in general i remember facing this , due to different naming in the Linux host file, also check the required ports  if there is a firewall between the ENTM and the endpoint.

Shared Account Management Used Ports - CA Privileged Identity Manager - 12.9 - CA Technologies Documentation 

also CA ControlMinder UNIX Endpoint Used Ports - CA Privileged Identity Manager - 12.9 - CA Technologies Documentation  

best regards

• 3.  Re: SAM is not available in linux endpoint

Posted Oct 03, 2017 10:32 AM

Hi

The PIM version is 14, ports 8891 and 61616 are valid and are open. perhaps the attached image
    can better explain the error, endpoint windows reported well but linux does not enable SAM

The execution of the ./seload command returns the following

The policyfecher log returns the following

some idea?

• 4.  Re:  SAM is not available in linux endpoint

Posted Oct 03, 2017 10:47 AM

well i didn't test r14 yet , but but i know there is no Privileged Account tab ( no Shared Account Manager -SAM- anymore inside PIM r4) and now CA PAM (which just ver 3.0.1 released couple days ago) is doing this functionality now.

so either migrate to PAM 3.0.1 and you can keep PIM (it's name nor CA Privileged Access Manager Server control) for the access control on the server part or you keep PIM r12.9 sp1 (or sp2 but without BI integration)

check the last line :  New and Changed Features - CA Privileged Access Manager Server Control - 14.0 - CA Technologies Documentation  , 

bet regards 

• 5.  Re:  SAM is not available in linux endpoint

Posted Oct 03, 2017 10:53 AM

i was specking about the ENTM r 14 functionality ,, but i guess you are running ENTM r12.9  , so you keep your endpoint same revision ( i mean r12.8 as there is not endpoint r12.9 ) 

as i told u i didn't try PAMSC r14 yet , but -and maybe CA guys here correct me- the endpoint of r 14 does not have the SAM reporting functionally within.

best regards  

• 6.  Re:  SAM is not available in linux endpoint

Posted Oct 03, 2017 12:15 PM

ok I understand.

But how could I implement the functionality of account discovery and password management

some idea ?

• 7.  Re:  SAM is not available in linux endpoint

Posted Oct 03, 2017 02:30 PM

well of course i will advice with CA PAM (privileged Access Manager) v3.0.1 now ,, amazing tool with lot of features more than the old features in CA PIM.

you may check these to have view about it:
    CA PAM Introduction video - YouTube 

What’s New in CA Privileged Access Manager 3.0.1 - YouTube 

also about year ago , there was 5 videos series about the product

Privileged Access Management: Breaking the Breach Kill Chain - YouTube 

you may ask your regional CA account for trial version or Live demo.

and if you need anything else ,, just ask

best regards

• 8.  Re:  SAM is not available in linux endpoint
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 13, 2017 08:10 AM

Make sure that the AgentManager process is running and configured accordingly on the respective Endpoint.

Please follow this document:

In Privileged Identity Manager UI unable to add a *NIX server as AC for PUPM Endpoint. 

Maybe it is best if you uninstalled PIM from the Endpoint completely and installed it afresh using the install_base script which will ask you the relevant questions for the PUPM integration and configure the components accordingly.

Should the issue remain, please do not hesitate to open a Support Ticket with us and we shall have closer lock