CA Service Management

Expand all | Collapse all

Version 17.0 Incident Status Dropdown Arrow

• 1.  Version 17.0 Incident Status Dropdown Arrow

Posted Oct 04, 2017 08:47 AM
      |   view attached

There is an icon to the left of Status (see attachment) after you have saved it as Open and go to edit it, with no dropdown arrow to select a status. The icon states "go to the next default value of ***". However, when I do select the next status and after I save it and then go to edit it, the Status allows me to select from the list with a dropdown arrow. The behavior is puzzling because if I add multiple "Default" status transitions the icon is still the only thing that still shows up when you edit it in the "Open" status, and it appears to go to the next "in line" according to my status transitions, with no dropdown arrow. When I remove all default incident transitions there is no icon and no arrow. How do I alter this to show the dropdown arrow when I edit an Incident in Open status? 

Tested: Effects only incidents, only editing Incidents in Open status, all roles and all form groups, occurs with 1 or more Inicident transitions in place (if no transitions in place and editing Open status I get no icon and no Status dropdown arrow); can still manually type in a valid transitions. 

When editing Open status Requests, there is always an status dropdown arrow whether there are default transitions or not.

Thanks...

• 2.  Re: Version 17.0 Incident Status Dropdown Arrow

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 04, 2017 10:11 AM

Hi Jessie,

In an OOTB 17.0 setup,  I do see the Open status in a Dropdown as well  (of course there's button too - to the set status to next default status Acknowledge in my case).  But the dropdown is always available to me so far in the Edit detail screen as long as I have <10 statuses available there. If its >10, I think it becomes a lookup)

Were there any customizations added in your env ?

_R

• 3.  Re: Version 17.0 Incident Status Dropdown Arrow

Posted Oct 04, 2017 10:16 AM

Thank you for the reply. I do see the dropdown when in any other status other than Open. The issue occurs only when I edit a saved ticket that is in the Open status. There are no customizations and I have 21 statuses (and 12 Incident status transitions for Open) in my Production Environment (14.1.02) and it does not have the same behavior, the dropdown arrow is always available. My Test is 17.0 Environment has 21 statuses  (and 12 Incident status transitions for Open) and it is not available when editing the Open Status.

• 4.  Re: Version 17.0 Incident Status Dropdown Arrow

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 04, 2017 10:58 AM

I just added a 11th transition to be allowed from Open to something else, and I see the same thing that I expected.  The Open becomes a lookup, and that's why the missing dropdown feeling.

I believe there are several ways to approach this, the first two documents here may help?  - CA Technologies Global Search Results   

thx

_R

• 5.  Re: Version 17.0 Incident Status Dropdown Arrow
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 04, 2017 11:05 AM

I think updating the field in WSP to set "lookup" equal to "no", and possibly updating the select list cache max to a higher number of values may help.  

Jon

• 6.  Re: Version 17.0 Incident Status Dropdown Arrow

Posted Oct 04, 2017 04:51 PM

Thank you again. I investigated and the LookUp=Yes in WSP for both versions and select list cache is set to 25 (including the .tpl versions) for both versions. However, my 14.1.02 version still shows the selection arrow for all statuses but my 17.0 version does not when I edit Open status for Incidents only. The odd part to me is the behavior is not consistent for the different statuses; for example, there is a dropdown arrow when I edit an "In Progress" Incident that has 11 statuses (see screen captures) in my Version 17.0. In addition, we set the LookUp=No and it behaved exactly the same: Editing a Incident with an Open status no dropdown arrow, editing any other Incident status it did have a dropdown.

• 7.  Re: Version 17.0 Incident Status Dropdown Arrow

Posted Oct 04, 2017 05:01 PM

So this means that something has changed functionally, BUT i am not sure exactly what that is at this point. We should be able to reproduce it in house but we would need a real rundown of the data and logic in use here on your side.  Would you be willing to tell us all of the statuses you have, and all of the transitions you have, so we can try to replicate something similar based on our theory that its a "number of values" issue?

If you want, one of us can open a support case for you and we can have you actually extract the data from your system and provide it to us so we can load it in house and test it that way.

Let us know your thoughts.

Jon I.

• 8.  Re: Version 17.0 Incident Status Dropdown Arrow

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 05, 2017 10:27 AM

Using the WSP approach that Jon indicated, I am able to see the dropdown on Incident detail at Open Status. I have 11 statuses at the moment though.  Until I made the change, it was a lookup once I permitted 11 statuses on open.

_R

• 9.  Re: Version 17.0 Incident Status Dropdown Arrow

Posted Oct 05, 2017 01:51 PM

Thanks Raghu!

jlhawley - did this work for you as well?

• 10.  Re: Version 17.0 Incident Status Dropdown Arrow

Posted Oct 05, 2017 02:05 PM

Thank you for the responses, I had to set this up and test. So, I removed two of the transitions for Incidents (to make the total 9) and it works (see the dropdown arrow) when I edit an Incident in Open status despite me updating the webconfig files to 25 (double-checked). But I went further, and it is still strange,  is that this behavior is only with the edit of an Incident (again not Requests, never had an issue) in Open status (not with any other status), I added four new Incident transitions (total of 15) to the "In Progress" status and when I edit it I still see the dropdown arrow. 

• 11.  Re: Version 17.0 Incident Status Dropdown Arrow

Posted Oct 05, 2017 02:30 PM

Jessie, are you using a customized detail_in form?  Maybe disable the custom one just to test and see if the out-of-the-box one has the same behavior?

Just a thought.

Jon I.

• 12.  Re: Version 17.0 Incident Status Dropdown Arrow

Posted Oct 10, 2017 03:53 PM

I was able to figure it out, the .cfg files did not match, there was an "!" on the Select Cache for the .tpl file. Once the exclamation point was removed I am now able to see the transitions in a dropdown. Thank you both very much for your help.

• 13.  Re: Version 17.0 Incident Status Dropdown Arrow

Posted Oct 10, 2017 04:39 PM

Any time Jessie - glad to help

Have a great week!!

Jon I.