Service Operations Insight

Expand all | Collapse all

user groups/users to only view certain webpage dashboard columns? Without giving them access to the preferences button

• 1.  user groups/users to only view certain webpage dashboard columns? Without giving them access to the preferences button

Posted Oct 04, 2017 08:26 AM

Hi,

So I would like to choose which columns certain users, or user groups, would have access to. For example, for Operators I would like to only display Services, Health tabs only. for the administration only Availability and SLA status.

The purpose was to define views per group of users without giving access to the preferences button, having a predefined layout for each group.

Is their any way to do this without log in as user and set the preferences.

Regards,

Sai Krishna.

• 2.  Re: user groups/users to only view certain webpage dashboard columns? Without giving them access to the preferences button

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 04, 2017 02:48 PM

Hi Sai Krishna,

- If you want to hide the SOIUI\Dashboard\Preference button then here is how to do it

- On the SOI console select the group you want to prevent the Preference button from 
         showing up on their dashboard 
      - On the right hand side bring up the privilege tab and click on the Add/Remove button 
      - Expand "Manage Dashboard Policies", uncheck the box "Preference Button" and click 
        Ok. Log out and log back in to SOI UI with an user account belonging to the group to verify 
        the result.

- If you want to apply your preference to a user group then you'll have open case with CA first, because this requires a custom jsp file to be uploaded   for you.

Thanks

Shaheen

• 3.  Re: user groups/users to only view certain webpage dashboard columns? Without giving them access to the preferences button

Posted Dec 05, 2017 06:54 AM

Hi Shaheen.

I raised a CA case for this. I want all user groups not to see the Quality, Risk and operation mode tabs by default.

case number: 905497

Regards

Sai Krishna.

• 4.  Re: user groups/users to only view certain webpage dashboard columns? Without giving them access to the preferences button

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 05, 2017 05:52 PM

Hi Sai Krishna,

I have provided the solution to Darryl and he'll walk you through it.

Thanks

Shaheen