CA Service Management

• 1.  Is there any way to include the ticket number in the survey or the email that is sent to the user?

Posted Oct 04, 2017 02:36 PM

We are going to be implementing surveys for our help desk and are trying to see if there is a way to include the ticket's number somewhere on the survey or in the email itself.  This is necessary as the users will likely not take the survey right away and it will help remind them of what took place.

We currently have the survey triggered by the 'Resolved' activity notification so the options for entering info are limited.

• 2.  Re: Is there any way to include the ticket number in the survey or the email that is sent to the user?

Posted Oct 04, 2017 03:03 PM

Hi Richard,

The Email subject for the survey should have the ticket number in it and so should the notification template used for the resolved notification.  As for getting it into the survey itself is an interesting one - I do see the use case for it, especially if folks get a lot of surveys for different tickets.  Unfortunately currently its not possible to do that - but I think thats a good one.  I would say to post that as an idea to the community here and let folks vote for it.

Thanks,
    Jon I.

• 3.  Re: Is there any way to include the ticket number in the survey or the email that is sent to the user?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 04, 2017 04:02 PM

Hey Richard,

I have confirmed that by default, the mail notification that indicates for the survey will name the ticket number associated.  However, the survey itself will not include the associated ticket number.  There does not appear to be a direct approach to include the associated ticket number in the survey display either.

I would agree with Jon that this would definitely be worth a mention as an idea to communities.

• 4.  Re: Is there any way to include the ticket number in the survey or the email that is sent to the user?

Posted Oct 04, 2017 04:47 PM

I am currently testing with this and do not have the Incident/Request number in the email.  Is there a setting I am missing? 

Also, I will definitely put this up for an idea as it would really help keep track of what survey is for what ticket.

• 5.  Re: Is there any way to include the ticket number in the survey or the email that is sent to the user?

Posted Oct 04, 2017 04:55 PM

Which notification template is being used?

Jon

• 6.  Re: Is there any way to include the ticket number in the survey or the email that is sent to the user?

Posted Oct 04, 2017 05:11 PM

It was the Activity Notification for Resolved status and I have the Email Notification method selected.  David's suggestion below was able to provide the desired result.

• 7.  Re: Is there any way to include the ticket number in the survey or the email that is sent to the user?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 04, 2017 04:56 PM

Hello,

Please include this string sequence somewhere in the Survey Message Title of your activity notification:

@{call_req_id.type.sym} @{call_req_id.ref_num}

This will add the ticket type and ticket reference number.

• 8.  Re: Is there any way to include the ticket number in the survey or the email that is sent to the user?

Posted Oct 04, 2017 05:06 PM

I must have been using the incorrect version to call the objects because this worked right away. Thank you!