Service Virtualization

• 1.  Different Execution Modes in ITR?

Posted Oct 04, 2017 11:42 AM

Hi All,

I'm currently using Devtest 9.5.1 and usually when I want to test my virtual service before deploying it on a VSE I regularly use the ITR, which is great since most of my services are designed for "Most Efficient" (playback) mode.

However, this time I need to do some customization involving Standing-In mode, or Live Invocation and Failover with some customization in between. How do I set these different execution modes for ITR?

ITR seemingly only works with "Most Efficient" mode and the only way I know to test other modes is to deploy the service hit it and scroll through Inspection View. But I want to see the clear breakdown, any error messages, properties, details, etc in the ITR. 

Thanks,

• 2.  Re: Different Execution Modes in ITR?
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 04, 2017 11:48 AM

Try updating value for lisa.vse.execution.mode in local.properties file . By default it is "Efficient'.

Refer below link for different values:

Local Properties File - DevTest Solutions - 10.0 - CA Technologies Documentation 

• 3.  Re: Different Execution Modes in ITR?

Posted Oct 04, 2017 12:04 PM

Also, check the project.config file in the DevTest Project.  You might be able to add lisa.vse.execution.mode as the key and LIVE, EFFICIENT, etc. as the value. I believe the router step will pick up the value so you can isolate the test.

• 4.  Re: Different Execution Modes in ITR?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 04, 2017 12:11 PM

I have used the approach suggested by J_NeSmith to troubleshoot customized models. I believe the model would need to be  re-opened after adding lisa.vse.execution.mode to a new config & making it active / modifying the value in project.config

monika_mehta's suggestion should work as well - would however need a restart of the Workstation.

• 5.  Re: Different Execution Modes in ITR?

Posted Oct 04, 2017 02:04 PM

Thanks Joel! I tried out your way and so far it works! Great to know.