Service Virtualization

• 1.  No match found when adding new transaction in existing virtual service

Posted Oct 06, 2017 04:14 AM

Hello,

I have a virtual service (transport: http, data: soap xml) running with different operations which is working correct.

The service was created by means of request/response pairs from the different operations.

Lets call it vs1.vsi and vs1.vsm.

Now I need to update the virtual service by adding a new transaction (operation).

I have used the following 2 approaches to accomplish this, but they both do not return a matching response on the new operation.

Approach 1:

• Create a new virtual service vs2.vsi and vs2.vsm with only the request/response pair of the new operation.
    • Copy the transaction from vs2.vsi and paste into vs1.vsi
    • Delete vs2.vsm
    • Run a test on vs1 --> no match found for the new operation

Approach 2:

• Create a virtual service by using the merge option on the vsi --> merge into vs1.vsi and vs2.vsm (this is to not lose the customizations done in vs1.vsm)
    • Delete vs2.vsm (vs1.vsi is still linked to vs1.vsm)
    • Run a test on vs1 --> no match found for the new operation

Whenever I just create a new service vs3.vsi and vs3.vsm with only the request/response pair of the new operation, and then do a test, I do get a proper matching response

My questions are:

• What is going wrong that the 2 approaches above are not providing a proper matching response?
    • What is the best way to integrate the new transaction (operation) in the existing virtual service?

• 2.  Re: No match found when adding new transaction in existing virtual service
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 06, 2017 07:51 AM

I was analyzing the the test events in the VS Image Response Selection step and it looks like the issue came from the Request Data Manager DPH.

When I created the original virtual service, there was a Request Data Manager DPH to only keep a few arguments for matchmaking.

After adding manually the new arguments of the new operation in the vsm (Data Protocol Filter in the Virtual HTTPS Listener step), the matchmaking is now working correct again.

• 3.  Re: No match found when adding new transaction in existing virtual service

Posted Oct 10, 2017 03:53 AM

Hi Konfu,

Yes, thats the reason. Remember that by using RDM, you are changing the incoming request ans it affects to the matching engine behavior. It isa common mistake to forget adapt the VSM (Filters) when adding new operation, params, etc in the VSI.

Good to know that you solved the issue.

Regards.