AnsweredAssumed Answered

No match found when adding new transaction in existing virtual service

Question asked by Konfu on Oct 6, 2017
Latest reply on Oct 10, 2017 by lloan03

Hello,

I have a virtual service (transport: http, data: soap xml) running with different operations which is working correct.

The service was created by means of request/response pairs from the different operations.

Lets call it vs1.vsi and vs1.vsm.

Now I need to update the virtual service by adding a new transaction (operation).

I have used the following 2 approaches to accomplish this, but they both do not return a matching response on the new operation.

Approach 1:

• Create a new virtual service vs2.vsi and vs2.vsm with only the request/response pair of the new operation.
  • Copy the transaction from vs2.vsi and paste into vs1.vsi
  • Delete vs2.vsm
  • Run a test on vs1 --> no match found for the new operation

Approach 2:

• Create a virtual service by using the merge option on the vsi --> merge into vs1.vsi and vs2.vsm (this is to not lose the customizations done in vs1.vsm)
  • Delete vs2.vsm (vs1.vsi is still linked to vs1.vsm)
  • Run a test on vs1 --> no match found for the new operation

Whenever I just create a new service vs3.vsi and vs3.vsm with only the request/response pair of the new operation, and then do a test, I do get a proper matching response

My questions are:

• What is going wrong that the 2 approaches above are not providing a proper matching response?
  • What is the best way to integrate the new transaction (operation) in the existing virtual service?

Outcomes