Service Virtualization

Expand all | Collapse all

database containing service details

• 1.  database containing service details

Posted Oct 06, 2017 06:25 AM

Hi Team-

We are trying to automate the services start/stop deployed in the environment and would like to know if there is any database that holds all the service and their start/stop status that we can use it actually to monitor/update based on the requirement.

Thanks,

Chaitanya

• 2.  Re: database containing service details

Posted Oct 06, 2017 09:25 AM

You can look at the VSE_METRIC_EVENTS table to get a snapshot status of services (UP, DOWN), then periodically re poll it to see if status' are changed.  This status is in the ACTION column.  

• 3.  Re: database containing service details

Posted Jan 23, 2018 02:59 PM

Hi,

Virtual service group tag is not found in this table. Will it be stored in any other table? If so please share the table name.

Regards,

Sowjanya

• 4.  Re: database containing service details

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 06, 2017 09:29 AM

Apologies, I was not understanding your question properly:

Mark is right, and you can also look at these reports:

Virtual Service Metrics Reports - DevTest Solutions - 10.1 - CA Technologies Documentation 

• 5.  Re: database containing service details

Posted Oct 06, 2017 09:32 AM

You can also use the LISA Invoke API VSE call to get a xml or json representation of the VSE status (all services), use this as a baseline, then periodically re run the API and if things change do your actions accordingly

http://<portal_url>:1505/api/swagger

http://<portal_url>:1505/api/Dcm/VSEs/<vse_name_>

GET /VSEs/{serviceName}

Implementation Notes

The property "status" in the response can be: "0", the virtual service has been created, but not initialization yet; "1", the virtual service is in its startup sequence; "2", the virtual service is up and running; "3", the virtual service is in its shutdown sequence; "4", the virtual service has been shut down; "5", a virtual service is registered but cannot be run.

• 6.  Re: database containing service details

Posted Oct 06, 2017 10:23 AM

Hello Mark,

But this is not going to solve problem. I think, Chaitu want to do some kind of value add in which they can stop or run the services running over console without human intervention.

Is this can be achieved? Any guidance or idea, please?

Shivam Garg

• 7.  Re: database containing service details

Posted Oct 06, 2017 10:28 AM

Write a script...a test to initiate the API call for state of the VSE, compare the statuses of services to the prior baseline (can store prior baseline in SMM), if any service is down, invoke the service start API to restart it.  This is all automatic with a little programming in the test step/utility

• 8.  Re: database containing service details

Posted Oct 06, 2017 10:34 AM

Thanks Mark. This sounds good.

One thing, you are saying to invoke service Start API to restart it.

Can you please tell , is this a step? if we have to write script in test step then what parameters we have to give.

If you can provide a example would be helpful.

Cheers..

• 9.  Re: database containing service details

Posted Oct 06, 2017 10:37 AM

Take a look at the Swagger API spec

it can be accessed from the http://<devtest_registry_server>:1505/api/swagger url, here you can see the whole spec for VSE, including REST calls to stop/start target services

• 10.  Re: database containing service details

Posted Oct 06, 2017 10:49 AM

Thanks Mark, We will have a look at this and see if this is working out

• 11.  Re: database containing service details

Posted Oct 09, 2017 09:03 AM

Hi Mark-

I am looking at the swagger API, but I could see all of the API's are returning no content and when I am noticing the URL as below instead of the original server. Any Idea?

http://localhost:1505/api/Dcm/CoordinatorServers

• 12.  Re: database containing service details

Posted Oct 09, 2017 09:12 AM

Hello Chaitu,

Instead of localhost , you must use the IP or server where VSE is running. e.g

http://10.59.151.105:1505/api/swagger/

Please try it.

Cheers..

Shivam Garg

• 13.  Re: database containing service details

Posted Oct 09, 2017 08:57 AM

Hello Mark,

Thanks for it. Can you tell me is there any REST API with help of which we can get services running under particular group tag?

I am not able to see any in above link.

Cheers..

Shivam Garg

• 14.  Re: database containing service details
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 09, 2017 09:28 AM

The swagger api does not have any calls based on group tag, but you should be able to use the high level VSE call, then execute an xpath query against the result to get servicres by grouptag.

Alternatively you can query the database table(s)