Rally Software

Expand all | Collapse all

I'm attempting to import a defect using the add in for Excel.  I cannot import the Owner or SubmittedBy fields

• 1.  I'm attempting to import a defect using the add in for Excel.  I cannot import the Owner or SubmittedBy fields

Posted Oct 06, 2017 03:52 PM

I'm attempting to import a Defect using the add-in-for-Excel.  For some reason I cannot import the Owner or Submittedby fields.

I continue to get the error when attempting to import an Owner or SubmittedBy that the user is not found.  I take these tow fields out and I can import ok.

So I thought I'd export a defect from Rally which contained valid user names in these fields.  These names exported fine.

I deleted the formatted id field so I could re-import the defect data as a new defect.  I once again received the error that for both fields that the user names cannot be found.   This was the exact same user names that I had just exported.

What am I doing wrong that I cannot import these Owner or SubmittedBy fields.

• 2.  Re: I'm attempting to import a defect using the add in for Excel.  I cannot import the Owner or SubmittedBy fields
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 06, 2017 04:12 PM

For OWNER: Make sure you are using the owner's email address, this will translate to their username, but it's really their email address on the backend.  Try the same for SubmittedBy.

• 3.  Re: I'm attempting to import a defect using the add in for Excel.  I cannot import the Owner or SubmittedBy fields

Posted Oct 06, 2017 04:49 PM

This worked - thank you