IT Process Automation

• 1.  Retry process

Posted Oct 09, 2017 11:40 AM

Hi All,

How to implement multiple retry of a failed operator in ITPAM before the whole process go to failed state.

I want the operator to do retry 3 times and upon failure after 3 retry it goes on to send mail to team to perform the task manually.

Regards,
    Amala

• 2.  Re: Retry process

Posted Oct 09, 2017 12:23 PM

Hi Amala,

You can check this docops Define the Reset Operator for Exception Handling - CA Process Automation - 4.3 - CA Technologies Documentation 

So the effect that you want is should let the exception handler centralize your error-handling. So you should remove all stop operators of your main process, and create 4 exception operators (one for each type of possible exception). You should also name the operators with the same prefix, like Exception_1, Exception_2, Exception_3, Exception_4.

Connect all 4 with an Or operator followed by a Javascript Operator.

If you read the docops link, you know that the when one Exception is trigged, it has a .Source, so the way we do it if a for, looking for a not undefined Source attribute. A generic javascript code for this looks like this.

Process.shouldRetry = false;
    for (var i = 1; i <= 4; i++) {
      var operatorSource = Process["Exception_" + i].Source;
      //this is to be used on the retry operator, as its parameter
      Process.faltOperator = operatorSource;
      //Process.retryCount and Process.maxRetry are pre-defined global process integer variables
      if (operatorSource != undefined && Process.retryCount <= Process.maxRetry) {
         Process.shouldRetry = true;
         Process.retryCount++;
         break;
      }
    }

As custom exits of this javascript operator, you should check if Process.shouldRetry == true, pointing for the retry operator using the Process.faultOperator as a parameter.

And at last, a Process.ShouldRetry != true that should point for the Stop operator.

I don't have access to a ProcessAutomation right now, but later I'll post a simple example of this thing.

• 3.  Re: Retry process

Posted Oct 09, 2017 09:50 PM

The PAM components of the 'content pack for ITIL' available for CA Service Desk Manager - described on docops.ca.com at this URL: content-pack-for-itil-ca-service-desk-manager<https://docops.ca.com/ca-service-management/17-0/en/additional-resources/content-pack-for-itil-ca-service-desk-manager> - include a great example of the exception handling architecture that Marcel describes.

• 4.  Re: Retry process

Posted Feb 21, 2019 06:46 PM

Hello James, I have not found the content pack for itil. Is there any other link?

• 5.  Re: Retry process

Posted Feb 25, 2019 02:47 PM

It is in the downloads for CA Service Management. It is DVD500000000001045.ISO