Get Post to WIP jobs log

• 1.  Get Post to WIP jobs log

Posted Oct 09, 2017 06:02 AM

How to get Post to wip jobs log?

need to find the parameters used when running the job for old dates

• 2.  Re: Get Post to WIP jobs log

Posted Oct 09, 2017 08:19 AM

Could you please elaborate on that.
    I was under the impression that Post to WIP takes all the records that are in ppa_transcontrol and creates records in PPA_WIP and PPA_WIP_VALUES.
    No parameters and validation is done when records are passed from imp_transcation_import  to ppa_transcontrol

• 3.  Re: Get Post to WIP jobs log

Posted Oct 09, 2017 08:34 AM

ok. suppose I have entered a transaction entry for a future date.while checking, those transactions got posted before its date.normally we don't give any parameters during post to wip run so, need to find out the parameters used in each (recent job runs) run  to find out the reason.

• 4.  Re: Get Post to WIP jobs log

Posted Oct 09, 2017 09:59 AM

Sorry to say my previous post was totally in error.(maybe due to the long timice since previous post to WIP)

The parameters are in the GUI

If there is any record what parameters were used I should expect that to be in the app log or in the bg log.

• 5.  Re: Get Post to WIP jobs log

Posted Oct 09, 2017 10:30 AM

I checked app and bg logs but couldn't find anything related to Post to WIP.

• 6.  Re: Get Post to WIP jobs log

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 09, 2017 07:29 PM

Hi Harun,

The job parameters used will nto be in the app or bg logs. I am assuming that you are running the Post to WIP job under Jobs in Clarity Home - Personal and not Post to WIP under financial management. 

If that's the case, navigate to Home - Jobs - Scheduled jobs - search for Post to WIP in the filter and you should be seeing the job, click on it and you should be able to see the parameters used. But I dont think you can opt for a specific period when searching.

If you have access to the job directly, then Home - jobs - Job logs - This will show you the date when the job was run and the parameters used. 

Let us know how it goes. 

Thanks,

Jerin  

• 7.  Re: Get Post to WIP jobs log

Posted Oct 10, 2017 02:14 AM

I stand to be correct second time. Thanks Jerin_Sebastian .

Post to WIP is also available as a job from 14.3 on.

This is what you would see in the job log fo such a job.

• 8.  Re: Get Post to WIP jobs log

Posted Oct 10, 2017 04:10 AM

I don't see anything related to Post to WIP in the logs either.

In an earlier version if I put trace on I get

StartAction: postToWIPPreview Date: Tue Oct 10 10:57:37 EEST 2017 UserName: kinnunenad SessionId: 5007372__FF187BE2-4C66-4683-B35B-425F1F1A17A3
      PMD:STATEMENT-SET: revmgr.modified.getPostToWIPPreview in persistProcessingMetaData.xml
      NDE:CONN@1ebcd54: class: org.logicalcobwebs.cglib.proxy.Proxy$ProxyImpl$$EnhancerByCGLIB$$2835482b
    auto-commit: true
      NDE:CONN@1ebcd54: transaction isolation level: TRANSACTION_READ_UNCOMMITTED
      PMD:STATEMENT: revmgr.modified.getPostToWIPPreviewDetails in persistProcessingMetaData.xml at Tue Oct 10 10:57:37 EEST 2017
      NDE:CSTM@de6cfc: Non-SQL Time: 0
    {call PAC_PRC_POSTTOWIP_PV_SP (?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?,?)}

and the parameters I used.

But the trace has to be on when I post to get that.

• 9.  Re: Get Post to WIP jobs log

Posted Oct 10, 2017 04:48 AM

I am running the job from Home --> Financial Management --> Post To WIP.

So there no chance to obtain the post to WIP job log if we ran it like this?? I am concluding. 

Thanks for the reply

• 10.  Re: Get Post to WIP jobs log

Posted Oct 10, 2017 04:54 AM

If you are in 14.2 or earlier you do not have the option of posting to WIP with a job and therefore no job log.

In any version you should be able to get the parameters if you put SQL trace (I think it has been now renamed Action trace) on, but only if you have it on when the the posting is done. For past postings there is no hope.

app-access log does show a little detail, but it does not give the parameters

127.0.0.1|[10/Oct/2017:10:58:03 +0300]|POST /niku/app?action=postToWIPSelective HTTP/1.1|200|4978|1297|5007372__FF187BE2-4C66-4683-B35B-425F1F1A17A3

• 11.  Re: Get Post to WIP jobs log

Posted Oct 10, 2017 04:33 PM

I would say, if keeping track of the parameters used is the main criteria, then doing Post to WIP through the job would be the way forward. It also comes with the added advantage of getting all required parameter-used related data from the DB, instead of going through the job logs page.