Clarity

• 1.  Jaspersoft Studio:  "Server has encountered error....Null"

Posted Oct 09, 2017 06:09 PM

I am using Jaspersoft Studio 6.2 with CA PPM 15.1.  I have a simple report with one detail band showing project tasks assignments.  When I Preview the report in JS Studio by manually entering 3 parameters, the report runs and records display.   I can also get records to display using an equivalent ad hoc query in CA PPM Advanced Reporting.

However, when I publish the report to CA PPM and try to run it, I get an error message:  "Server has encountered an error.  Please excuse the inconvenience.  Error Message Null."   

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

• 2.  Re: Jaspersoft Studio:  "Server has encountered error....Null"
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 10, 2017 04:04 AM

Hi Mark,

This happens many times because of various reasons:

1. May be some issues while deploying the report to server.

2. Try hardcoding the sql query and check if you see the same error.

3. Is this the first report that you are trying to deploy to server?

Regards,

Santosh

• 3.  Re: Jaspersoft Studio:  "Server has encountered error....Null"

Posted Oct 10, 2017 04:45 AM

I would just like you to check if there is any parameter which is passed as NULL while you are publishing the report. 

• 4.  Re: Jaspersoft Studio:  "Server has encountered error....Null"

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 10, 2017 05:37 AM

Hi Mark,

There could be number of reasons may be the cascaded input controls mapping are incorrect, please take a look at the steps to create reports 

Create and Publish Jaspersoft Studio Reports - CA PPM - 15.3 - CA Technologies Documentation 

And this should help you also we have number of training's available on Jaspersoft Advanced Reporting with Jaspersoft - CA PPM - 15.3 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Regards
    Suman Pramanik