Clarity

• 1.  Triggering a Process on opening a sub page?

Posted Oct 10, 2017 07:37 AM

Hello Guys,

I need help on following requirement like We have sub page that shows list of mandatory attributes required at particular project life-cycle stage. Currently this page does data refresh when workflow triggers in result of life-cycle stage change. Business wants to refresh the page whenever any of the mandatory attribute is filled out. Like if 10 mandatory attributes are required to filled out so once user filled the attribute it should not show in mandatory attribute list. Looks like the sub page should show real time mandatory attribute list and don't wait for life-cycle workflow to be triggered. We have SQL server database so can't achieve via Triggers. So is there any way we can trigger a new process whenever this page opens? or any other suggestion?

• 2.  Re: Triggering a Process on opening a sub page?

Posted Oct 10, 2017 10:49 AM

• 3.  Re: Triggering a Process on opening a sub page?

Posted Oct 10, 2017 10:51 AM

I'm not sure I follow. What is on the subpage exactly? Does it show different attributes depending on what stage it's in or something? May need to post some screenshots to explain it better.

If its just a matter of showing a list of required fields that have or have not been filled out, that sounds like it should be a portlet displaying a custom NSQL query to pulls the required information, not a subpage

• 4.  Re: Triggering a Process on opening a sub page?

Posted Oct 12, 2017 05:36 AM

Hello,

It's a sub page not a portlet. Sub page contains different sections and in each section we are showing a message of empty mandatory attributes via workflow that triggered on lifecycle stage event. Requirement is like if any user fills the attribute in between that subpage should show the updates list of mandatory attributes. So just need on how to make this Sub page to show real time data? hope you got my point.

• 5.  Re: Triggering a Process on opening a sub page?

Posted Oct 11, 2017 02:26 AM

I don't think it is possible, without customization, to launch a process when a page opens.

Anthony

• 6.  Re: Triggering a Process on opening a sub page?

Posted Oct 11, 2017 09:17 AM

Hey Giriraj,

I'm not completely sure what your actual business requirement is.

Sadly we don't have a way to toggle mandatory flag (well not without customisation).

Guessing what they really want is to show/hide fields as applicable to the stage in lifecycle.

If that's right you've got these options:

1. put them in sections, have a process open/close these as you want (i'll share at somepoint)

2. In new UX use blueprints, you can switch the blueprint at different stages via process and thus control what is shown

3.  use sub pages, have them show/hide based on rules

4. build a custom web app and integrate into the page

As for launching a process when the page loads, there's a way via the menu actions with some tactical javascript

I personally wouldn't recommend this approach though!

hope that is of some use

Andrew

• 7.  Re: Triggering a Process on opening a sub page?

Posted Oct 12, 2017 05:39 AM

Hello Andrew,  Just want to clear the requirement that Sub page contains different sections and in each section we are showing a message of empty mandatory attributes via workflow that triggered on lifecycle stage event. Requirement is like if any user fills the attribute in between that subpage should show the updated list of mandatory attributes. So just need on how to make this Sub page to show real time data? hope you got my point.

• 8.  Re: Triggering a Process on opening a sub page?

Posted Oct 12, 2017 06:04 AM

There is no such thing as "real time" updates as you are describing I think. The user would have at a minimum "save" the record - that could trigger a process in the normal way. But the user would still need to refresh the screen to pick up any subsequent changes (made by the process) to your display variable. There are discussions somewhere on this community about auto-triggering a refreshing I think.

Personally though I would discard the process route completely and implement something using the technique described here ; TIP : How To Put Any Dynamically Generated Value On A Clarity Object to display the message - again not completely real time, but would be refreshed (recalculated) immediately upon "Save".

• 9.  Re: Triggering a Process on opening a sub page?

Posted Oct 12, 2017 07:05 AM

We need to scrape the values being shown to the user then compare against what's in the DB right now, if different then refresh. 

Again the problem is we'd need to poll constantly if it can change whilst the user is viewing. 

We could in theory have a process to set a value on any update, then check this value and if needed refresh. I've done this for loading screens etc