Symantec Privileged Access Management

Expand all | Collapse all

CA PAM 3.0.1 - Bind LDAP

• 1.  CA PAM 3.0.1 - Bind LDAP

Posted Oct 10, 2017 04:24 AM

Hello,

I'm trying to bind LDAP server but I get error message: PAM-CM-0271: LDAP Bind fail: Invalid credentials 

I followed manual LDAP - CA Privileged Access Manager - 3.0.1 - CA Technologies Documentation and everything is set up as it should be (double-checked).

Also credentials are OK because RDP connection on the server works fine.

LDAP server is Windows Server 2008 R2.

• 2.  Re: CA PAM 3.0.1 - Bind LDAP

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 10, 2017 04:32 PM

Hi Jiri,

I just tested this functionality & can confirm that it works properly for me. This error usually means exactly what it says: Invalid credentials. That can include: bad passwords, bad usernames, disabled/locked accounts.

I would suggest looking at you AD servers Event Viewer Security logs to see if there are any failures for this account that may be able to give you more information on what is going on.

If this continues to be a problem please open a support ticket to have this looked into.

Hope this helps,

-Christian

• 3.  Re: CA PAM 3.0.1 - Bind LDAP

Posted Oct 11, 2017 03:31 AM

Hi Christinan,

for testing I use full Administrator account. You can check it in the screenshots.

1) Target Application

2) Target Account

3) Bind LDAP

In 2.8.3 version it worked fine.

• 4.  Re: CA PAM 3.0.1 - Bind LDAP
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 11, 2017 09:13 AM

Hi Jiri,

Based on your screenshots it looks like your problem is the Distinguished Name you have set for the Administrator account. This should be the full DN for the 'Account', not for the 'Domain'.

e.g, if this is the default AD admin it usually looks like this: CN=Administrator,CN=Users,DC=cmss,DC=Local

-Christian

• 5.  Re: CA PAM 3.0.1 - Bind LDAP

Posted Oct 11, 2017 09:59 AM

Hi Christian,

that was the problem. Works fine now.

Thank you for the advice!

• 6.  Re: CA PAM 3.0.1 - Bind LDAP

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 11, 2017 09:16 AM

In "Target Account" section, try with distinguished name of Administrator Account from Active Directory is used to define the account. 

e.g. CN=Administrator,DC=cmss,DC=local

• 7.  Re: CA PAM 3.0.1 - Bind LDAP

Posted Oct 11, 2017 09:59 AM

You are right, the DN was bad. Fixed, working.

Thank you.

• 8.  Re: CA PAM 3.0.1 - Bind LDAP

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 10, 2017 04:37 PM

Also, since you are connecting to Active Directory, make sure your target account is associated with a Windows Domain Service or Windows Proxy target application. Don't use a target application of type LDAP.

• 9.  Re: CA PAM 3.0.1 - Bind LDAP

Posted Oct 11, 2017 03:34 AM

Checked again and it should be correct. You can see the settings in the screenshots above.

• 10.  Re: CA PAM 3.0.1 - Bind LDAP

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 11, 2017 09:13 AM

Hello, The Distinguished Name entry does not look right. This is not a user DN. Try with administrator@cmss.local, assuming that cmss.local is the domain name. Also, on the Password page for the account, do you have account synchronization enabled? If not, please enable it at least temporarily, and see whether you can verify the account.

• 11.  Re: CA PAM 3.0.1 - Bind LDAP

Posted Oct 11, 2017 10:00 AM

It was really problem with DN as described above.

Fixed, working. Thank you.