CA Service Management

• 1.  Move translated forms/offerings between environments

Posted Oct 10, 2017 09:59 AM

Hi!

I need some help/suggestions on how to move translated forms/offerings etc. from one environment (development) to another (test).

We have a default language which we now have translated to english using translate button. When this version vill be moved to test we want all translated components etc. to be moved without having to translate it again on test environment. I've found the tables where the translation is stored but there are no matching values between the tables in dev and test. They all have different ids.

For instance, same form component in both environments has different ids

How do you do it? Is there a function/procedure I've missed to check out?

Thanks in advance

Kind regards

Jhonny

• 2.  Re: Move translated forms/offerings between environments
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 10, 2017 10:53 AM

Hi,

when you're exporting the offering in Administration > Tools > Import Export Utility, are you checking the "Include Translations" box? That should include the translation entries, then.

regards

Iain

• 3.  Re: Move translated forms/offerings between environments

Posted Oct 10, 2017 04:24 PM

Hi Jhonny,

Is this for Service Catalog?

Jon I.

• 4.  Re: Move translated forms/offerings between environments

Posted Oct 11, 2017 07:52 AM

Hi!

Yes and I can export now  

/Jhonny

• 5.  Re: Move translated forms/offerings between environments

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 10, 2017 05:26 PM

Hi Jhonny ,

As Iain mentioned ,  catalog uses " Administration > Tools > Import Export Utility" in catalog GUI   to move the offerings/forms from one catalog system to another system .    You don't need to worry how those information are stored in the database . 

When you export an offering ( or a service ) on the source system ,  you can check all those checkboxes  ( including the "Include Translations"  checkbox  as Iain mentioned ) ,  then it will export everything ( including the forms which attached to this offering  and also the translations )  into a file .   And then you can simply import it  into your target catalog system .  

If you run into any issue with it ,  feel free to open a support case so that our support can help look into it .

Thanks, Jing

• 6.  Re: Move translated forms/offerings between environments

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 11, 2017 02:11 AM

Good Morning Jhonny.

As mentioned, when you export an offering (or a service) on the source system, you can check the checkbox "Include Forms" and "Include Translations".
    This will export everything (including the forms attached to this offering and also the translations) into a file.
    Which will be a .zip file then, to be copied onto the receiving environment.
    On the receiving environment, you then import from this .zip file and you'r good to go.

Kind regards, Louis.

• 7.  Re: Move translated forms/offerings between environments

Posted Oct 11, 2017 10:17 AM

Thanks to all of you!

One step closer!  

I tried exporting a form and imported it in the other environment. A folder was created in form tree but no content in it. Tomorrow I will try to export an offering and check "Include Forms" and "Include Translations".

• 8.  Re: Move translated forms/offerings between environments

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 11, 2017 10:51 AM

When you  try to re-export the same offering from  the same source system to the same target system .  I would suggest you to kind of "re-touch"  that same offering ( for example , add/modify its description a little bit ) and save it on the source system so that its last modified date  is changed .  In ths way ,  when you attempt to re-import the newly exported file ( from source system )  to the target system , it will actually import it .

Another thing i would like to remind is that ; whem you import something into the target system ,  it simply will dump the data into  the MDB database of your target system .   So , sometimes you may consider to take a backup of the MDB  on the target system first before you are doing any importing actvitiy  .  In case anything goes wrong or you want your target system be back to orignal status ,  you can simply restore your backup MDB on your target system .

Thanks, jing

• 9.  Re: Move translated forms/offerings between environments

Posted Oct 12, 2017 04:21 AM

Thanks for the replies!

We have to many offerings/forms etc. and to export them one by one will take us too much time. What we are looking for is a mass export of the language changes without having any other changes. We have 4 different environments and to export every offering manually just for the lang. changes would take tremendous amount of time.

• 10.  Re: Move translated forms/offerings between environments

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 12, 2017 09:01 AM

When you do export ,  if you select to export "Service Offering"  ( in Object Type field )  , then you can select to export either "Folder"  or "Serice Offering"   ( in Object Classifier field ) .  So , you can choose  to export the "Folder" and give the folder name accordingly ,  it will be able to export   the folder itself plus   all the services under that folder ( including all the forms  which are associated with  offerings and all the translations if you check all those checkboxes accordingly ) .  .