Sometimes an SP will need to be sent the RelayState parameter in the access URL as a requirement in order to establish the federation.
If you try to put an & sign on a proxy rule may you recieve an error message saying:
Error: Problem occurred in while Saving Proxy Rules TreeThe reference to entity "RelayState" must end with the ';' delimiter
- Write & instead the & sign.
- Save the Proxy Rule.
- Once you save the Proxy Rule the link will show the & sign before the word RelayState
& denotes the start of an encoded entity. In this case the parser tries to interpret &RelayState as an entity. But entities are always terminated by a ;, thus if the ; is missing you get the error message.
- The RelayState parameter is case-sensitive, so be sure to write it down as well: RelayState
- RelayState should point to the target resource at the Service Provider (full URL)
- This URL must be encoded. May use URL Decode and Encode - Online for this task.