Service Virtualization

• 1.  How to perform Load test for a Webbased URL

Posted Oct 11, 2017 01:10 AM

Hi,

I want to perform the Load test for an Webased URL.I am using the CA DEVTEST version 10.0

I mean:

Eg:https://www.google.com

I want to see the response time, when the number of Users (25 vUsers login at the same time). If there is any document please provide. Thanks in advance 

Regards,

Santhosh

• 2.  Re: How to perform Load test for a Webbased URL
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 11, 2017 03:30 AM

Hi Shanthosh,

CA Application Test is the tool you have to use to perform that Performance Testing. You have to create a Test that perform the HTTP Calls. After that, you have to Stage the Test and setup the proper number of vUsers (remeber that Simulators manage the vUsers). I am not sure what you need regarding the Document you are requesting. It is a simple test executed with the proper configuration. You can see the resoults in the Reporting console.

Hope it helps.

ALM.

• 3.  Re: How to perform Load test for a Webbased URL

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 11, 2017 03:41 AM

Hi Santhosh,

To do load test on webapplication, first you need to create a test case for your web application. One approach to create a test case for web based application is using selenium recording and importing the recorded file to Devtest test case.

Please go through video available in documentation to create test case.

Create and Export a Selenium Builder Recording - DevTest Solutions - 10.1 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Once the test case is ready, you can create a staging doc based and choose the load pattern in "Base" tab. Go through below details for creating a staging document file.

Building Staging Documents - DevTest Solutions - 10.1 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Run the test using staging document by selecting the created staging document (Make sure coordinator and simulator services are running). Refer below documentation for more details about staging the test case.

Stage a Test Case - DevTest Solutions - 10.1 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Hope these details addressed your question.

Thanks

Srikanth

• 4.  Re: How to perform Load test for a Webbased URL

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 12, 2017 08:23 AM

DevTest does not support Selenium for Load Testing (multi-user) as per our Product Management group.