Release Automation

• 1.  How to automate Environment process Execution

Posted Oct 11, 2017 07:21 AM

Hi i am able to integrate from other CI tool to CA Release automation, I am able to successfully update the parameter from other tool via -> CURL Post command.

Value get updated in the parameter configuration also.

But after all this process done, i need to manualy go to Environment->Process Execution -> need to click  "Run Process" to start the process.

Is there any step is there to do it automatically if any update happened in the environment parameter, since there should not be any manual intervention during this process as per my requirements.

So guide me any automate is there to do "Run Process"

Thanks in advance..

• 2.  Re: How to automate Environment process Execution
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 12, 2017 10:15 AM

Hi,

I don't believe there is a supported REST call to just run a Process. However you can run a deployment from a predefined deployment plan, see https://docops.ca.com/ca-release-automation/6-5/en/reference/rest-api-reference/run-deployments

If you want to use curl, use the swagger interface (accessible in 6.5 from Help > REST API (Swagger)) which will show the generated curl for this call.

regards,

Leo

• 3.  Re: How to automate Environment process Execution

Posted Oct 16, 2017 02:01 AM

Anyway,

you can use the command line to launch it

• 4.  Re: How to automate Environment process Execution

Posted Oct 17, 2017 12:12 AM

Thanks for your reply.

I have query i have not created any deployment plan to process.

In the component and process itself i have created deploy application and able to deploy.

In that case while creating a tibco deploy application i have many parameters to enter. I hard coded and able to deploy.

But at the same time i need to update that old hard coded parameter in component and process.

So how that can be updated..