Broadcom Customer Care

• 1.  CA7 commands

Posted Oct 11, 2017 12:34 PM

Can #NOX be added to the JCL once the JCL is in the Request Queue?

• 2.  Re: CA7 commands

Posted Oct 11, 2017 12:42 PM

Yes you can do an edit  BUT it will only change the jcl in the queue not the jcl in the jcllib.  

renate

• 3.  Re: CA7 commands

Posted Oct 11, 2017 02:40 PM

Thank you.  Just want to be very clear.  Someone edited jcl in the request queue, adding a #NOX right after the jobcard.  If it had been keyed correctly the job would have flushed through the system, triggering the next job in the job stream.

• 4.  Re: CA7 commands

Posted Oct 12, 2017 12:48 PM

The #NOX has to be in the JCL prior to the job entering the Request Queue else it won't work as CA7 sets the noexec bit at the time the job is brought into the Queue. Editing the JCL in the Request Queue will only cause a JCL error or Submit error depending on where you put the #NOX card. I say that because the #NOX card can be put before the JCL jobcard (contrary to what the manual may say) or it can be put after the jobcard. But it definately won't work if the #NOX is added to the fetched JCL member in the Request Queue.

• 5.  Re: CA7 commands

Posted Oct 13, 2017 10:29 AM

Thanks @Jonathan_Fairchilds ,  I didn't realize that...  learn something new every day.... 

Renate

• 6.  Re: CA7 commands
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 13, 2017 11:20 AM

Hi Karen Almony

If any of the above answers have answered your question, would you be able to mark it as correct? This will update the question allowing others with similar questions to know that you have received a helpful answer.

Thanks,

Elke

• 7.  Re: CA7 commands

Posted Oct 13, 2017 05:58 PM

Our Customer has a DB2 maintenance flow scheduled daily, but if for some reason it passes the deadline, Operations edit the JCL while in the Request Queue by adding  #NOX right before the first step, and steps get flushed and jobs complete successfully, satisfying dependencies and/or triggering the rest of the flow.

It works for us...

• 8.  Re: CA7 commands

Posted Oct 15, 2017 11:14 AM

The behaviour I described was true, what Hanai pointed out is also true and more accurate in that you can edit the job in the Request queue and add the #NOX card just prior to the first job step. What I found that didn't work was following the manual description about adding it just after the Jobcard. CA7 inserts a couple of comment lines as shown below (UCC7RESTART card and the library the JCL was fetched from, so in that case I got it to work by not putting the #NOX card after the Jobcard, but after the comments as well. Thanks to Hanai for clarifying.

//TC7BR14  JOB (C7T,$MAINT,9000),'IEFBR14-BRANCH',
    //         CLASS=8,MSGCLASS=T,USER=C7DBMTC
    //*UCC7RESTART
    //*JCLLIB=TSTC7.JCLLIB
    //JS000010 EXEC PGM=IEFBR14
    //SYSWAIT  EXEC PGM=SYSWAIT,PARM='00001000'