Clarity

• 1.  Trouble Xogging in Attribute - Lookup is Invalid

Posted Oct 11, 2017 05:09 PM

I have a simple custom attribute on the Project object that is tied to the Resource Browse lookup (SCH_BROWSE_RESOURCE).

The Resource Browse lookup's hidden key is SRM_RESOURCE.ID.

The Database stores the SRM_RESOURCE.ID value.

When I xog out a project read, it comes out as SRM_RESOURCES.UNIQUE_NAME.

Attempting to xog in Unique_Name/User_Name, the update fails with a "Lookup Value for attribute is invalid"

"Sometimes the XOG write schema is different from XOG read schema. You just have got to live with it." - fair enough.

Unfortunately I can't get ID to take either.

I've tried about every value from SRM_RESOURCES & CMN_SEC_USERS I can find - I can't seem to get anything to take. It's late and my head hurts - what am I doing wrong?

• 2.  Re: Trouble Xogging in Attribute - Lookup is Invalid
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 11, 2017 06:44 PM

Hi Robert,

It could be the access, usually that lookup has an security tag associated, try adding the "res-nav" and "res-view all" access to the xog account from where you xogging in.

• 3.  Re: Trouble Xogging in Attribute - Lookup is Invalid

Posted Oct 12, 2017 03:23 AM

The "Resource Browse" lookup you are using requires the resource to be active. Are the resources that you try to xog active?

And yes, another condition in the lookup is security. Do you have edit rights for that resource? (global or instance)

Anthony

• 4.  Re: Trouble Xogging in Attribute - Lookup is Invalid

Posted Oct 12, 2017 04:07 AM

When you XOG read an instance which has a value   do you get results and what is the value then ID, unique_name something else or blank?

Edit

Reading this again I see you already answered that.

Can't think of any other than rights as suggested or a bug.

• 5.  Re: Trouble Xogging in Attribute - Lookup is Invalid

Posted Oct 13, 2017 05:09 AM

Were you able to find the Resource when you browse the lookup against the attribute from Clarity UI when logged in with the same user account used by XOG?

• 6.  Re: Trouble Xogging in Attribute - Lookup is Invalid

Posted Oct 16, 2017 11:06 AM

Hi all. Thanks for all your responses & help. Yes, adding Resource - Navigate and Resource - View - All to my Xoguser's permissions group resolved this issue. Hope this helps the next forum traveler!

Thanks!