Continuous Delivery Director

• 1.  Report does not show correct build number

Posted Oct 12, 2017 02:18 AM

Hi, It looks like the Reports are using build-in build number variable  'last_successful_build'.

I have defined my own build number token which i am updating before i start the release.

I want to see the build number that i put here in the report that i generate.  How to achieve this?

Best regards,

Amit Joshi

• 2.  Re: Report does not show correct build number

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 12, 2017 06:38 AM

Hi,

Your correct the reports use the last_successful_build number token which is set by the deployment tasks. During your CDD release phases are you using any of the deployment tasks?

Regards

Keith

• 3.  Re: Report does not show correct build number

Posted Oct 12, 2017 06:58 AM

yes. I am using CA-RA process to deploy the application and we are not using Jenkins for preparing build. The build number which i want to see in the report is the build number which i use in the deployment task.

• 4.  Re: Report does not show correct build number

Posted Oct 15, 2017 07:08 AM

Hi Amit,

You should be able to use your own custom token and still see the correct build number in the report. My question to you is which task are you using (from the CARA plugin). are you using the 'Run Deployment' or 'Run Process'?

If you're using 'Run Deployment', you should see the correct build number in the report, and if you don't, I would like to have a call and find the problem.

If you're using the 'Run Process', you will not see the build number because this task doesn't set the build number (because we can't assume that 'Run Process' performs a deployment).

Please let me know.

Gil

• 5.  Re: Report does not show correct build number

Posted Oct 16, 2017 07:15 AM

I am running a CA-RA Process which executes a REST request to collect information of the version that is deployed successfully and then update the build number token in CDD accordingly. I want to see that particular build number in my report. So for the report, the build number token is still defined locally but  its values are populated from outside of CDD with the help of REST API.

Best regards,

Amit Joshi

• 6.  Re: Report does not show correct build number
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 13, 2017 07:42 AM

The issue is resolved after we upgrade to CDD 6.5 version. Thanks for your help.