CA Service Management

• 1.  Regarding the email notifications

Posted Oct 12, 2017 02:20 AM

Hi,

This is regarding the email notifications In the service desk to be enabled only for the change management group.

Also, for the end users notifcations to be enabled for inicdents .

The email notifications to be enabled seperatley for end users and change management group.

Kindly let us know how can we get the email notifications seperatly.

Thanks

Shwetha

• 2.  Re: Regarding the email notifications

Posted Oct 12, 2017 09:37 AM

Hi Shwetha,

Email notifications have a wide range of use, meaning, you can have notificaions go out to analysts or end users upon creation, update, closure or other activities that take place on a ticket.  So first you would have to decide which activities you want to send notifications for, and who you want those notifications to go to.  Notifications are not enabled or disabled via group, but are rather enabled or disabled by activity.  Then within in each activity notification record, you can specify WHO should get that notification.  

Now when you say that notifications should be enabled "separately for end users and change management group" - I am not sure exactly what you mean.  My guess is that you want certain notifications to go to end users and other notifications to go to the change management group for certain activities on change orders?

You can read all about how activity notifications work here in our documentation: How to Configure Notifications - CA Service Management - 17.0 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Hope this helps,

Jon I.

• 3.  Re: Regarding the email notifications

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 12, 2017 09:57 AM

Shwetha, consider use activity notifications with events...that is, associate events to the activity notifications. And in the

events, you can specify the conditions like "if this do abc otherwise do xyz" logic and in the action of the event, use multiple notification type action to send emails. Activity notifications(like initial,  abandon, close etc) will be triggers and

the conditions in the events will control when and what actions. If your logic is not configurable this way, think about using some spel code to implement. Thanks _Chi

• 4.  Re: Regarding the email notifications
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 12, 2017 12:03 PM

HI,

A condition macro associated with notification rules will mostly accomplish this.

The admin guide as linked by https://communities.ca.com/people/Jon_Israel must be you starting point before to go to more complex.

My 2 cents

/J

• 5.  Re: Regarding the email notifications

Posted Oct 12, 2017 01:27 PM

Thanks Jerome!

@shwetha.gowda  are you good to go on this one for now?

Jon I.