CA Service Management

• 1.  ca sdm web service

Posted Oct 12, 2017 03:31 AM

hi all, I am having one query regarding CA SDM.

I have access to all tenants, and I can able to see/approve the Change orders raised by my reportee. Now my issue is that when I invoke web service method for the same by using my session id, I only get the change orders raised under single tenant not from other tenant. How to fetch the change order data from all tenants?

By using service desk session id, I get all data from all tenants? I need same functionality with my session id.  

• 2.  Re: ca sdm web service

Posted Oct 12, 2017 06:02 AM

Hi,

I did a quick test in SoapUI  with the doSelect method and I was able to return CO's from all tenants.

Do your account  is under the service provider?

Can you share here the web service call that you are doing?

/J

• 3.  Re: ca sdm web service

Posted Oct 16, 2017 04:23 AM

Hi, thank you for the response!

Below is the web service method that I am using,

We have tenant structure like this :

Now, all the contact comes under parent tenant KPIT, having access to all sub-tenants

• 4.  Re: ca sdm web service

Posted Oct 16, 2017 08:19 AM

Hi Mandar,

A generic doSelect on the chg object, should return all change order records for all tenants as mentioned by jmayer

Your Soap call seems to be for 'wf (workflow)', but I thought you initially wanted to list of change orders? Shouldn't you run the Soap call against the chg object? Or did we not understand your requirement or context in which you want the results to be returned?

===

Kind Regards,

Brian

• 5.  Re: ca sdm web service

Posted Oct 17, 2017 03:44 PM

Hi Mandar,

What is the default role for that access type? Does that access type have access to all the tenants you are looking for? If you were to look for a workflow in a specific tenant are you able to see it using that role in the WebUI?

• 6.  Re: ca sdm web service
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 19, 2017 03:33 AM

Hi,

except that you are querying the wf object vs chg as mentioned by Brian Mathato Employee  this look correct.

One extra think to look there will be your security permissions and the web service policy used for your SOAP call.

The SOAP Web service user (or the one you impersonate if the case) need to have the necessary permissions to access all those tenants.

1. Verify that the SOAP Web Service policy you are using is not tenanted. i.e.: public (shared)
    2. Verify if you are using a proxy contact(recommended) in your SOAP Web Service policy and if the case verify that this user is tenanted under your parent tenant (KPIT).
    3. For the proxy contact and/or the SOAP Web service user (or the impersonated one)
      • Identify for each of this contact the access type:  must have access level set to admin
      • Identify in the access type with role is used to access the SOAP Web Services
      • Verify that this role have the necessary permissions: Tenant Access is set to All Tenants
      • Verify the Data Partition for this role don't have any restriction related to tenant in the corresponding constraints.

Hope this help.

/J

• 7.  Re: ca sdm web service

Posted Oct 19, 2017 10:37 AM

Thanks jmayer!!  @tims.registration - did this resolve the issue for you here?