Release Automation

• 1.  How to update multiple environment parameter in CA Release automation

Posted Oct 12, 2017 03:50 AM

HI I used below paramter as request to update environment paramter for single paramter values update.

I am able to update the environment paramter, but next task to update mulitple parameter in single request.

Below are the list of parameter i have created so like above request how can i pass all thes 5 variable

How can i pass the parameter, since i need to pass 5 parameter in the request.

I tried like below but getting issue

Thanks in advance, if some one help me...

• 2.  Re: How to update multiple environment parameter in CA Release automation

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 13, 2017 10:24 AM

Hi,

I think you need to make the same call for each parameters as to my knowledge currently there is not way to do batch update all in one call.

May be this is something I request to please raise as an idea as this is a vital use case.

Regards,

Saurabh

• 3.  Re: How to update multiple environment parameter in CA Release automation

Posted Oct 13, 2017 11:37 AM

Thanks for your reply.

You mentioned like all can be updated in single call.

Can you please let me know how i can update all in single call.

I also need at present all parameter need to update in single call.

Please let me know the request call details example...

Thanks in advance

• 4.  Re: How to update multiple environment parameter in CA Release automation

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 16, 2017 04:28 AM

Hi Pradeep,

To my best knowledge, I don't think with latest RA version, update of all environment parameters in single REST call is possible, at least something I am not aware of.

As you mentioned about a document you are referencing can you please help me with that, I can check and validate the same.

Regards,

Saurabh

• 5.  Re: How to update multiple environment parameter in CA Release automation

Posted Oct 16, 2017 08:47 AM

Thanks for your respone,

As per your last reply i am referring to below url to use update parameter

/update-environment-parameter - CA Release Automation - 6.4 - CA Technologies Documentation 

here you have simple value, array and loop.

i used simple value to update single parameter, like that i need to update more than 2 parameter as i mentioned in previous reply.

So with that REST call how can update more than 1 parameter, please look in to this and reply me..

Thanks in advance.

• 6.  Re: How to update multiple environment parameter in CA Release automation
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 16, 2017 09:40 AM

Hi Pradeep,

Thanks for sharing the link, I review the same and as I mentioned each environment parameter update is linked to parameter path and it only allow single update, as the name is update-environment-parameter and not parameters.

The only way I can think of is to update the parameter 1 by 1 possible in below sequence of events

1.  get applications - GET /api/{versionId}/applications
    2. For each application:
      1. Get environments - GET /api/{versionId}/applications/{appId}/environments
      2. For each environment
        1. Get environment parameters: GET http://<NAC-HOST>:<NAC-PORT>/datamanagement/a/environments/<ENV-ID>/parameters
        2. For each parameter: Update value in target RA instance using POST …/update-environment-parameter

For above you can try to design a flow, in RA doing same.

However for a direct mechanism which I think may be required feature/API in product, I would request to please submit an Idea around this and let Product management view over same. I would request to have below two API's

• get-environment-parameters : This API will give list of all parameters in an environment
      • update-environment-parameters: Allows the update of more than one parameter of an environment in a go.

Regards,

Saurabh

1. 7.  Re: How to update multiple environment parameter in CA Release automation

Broadcom Employee
      Posted Oct 16, 2017 08:52 PM

Hi,

My thought is also same as Saurabh's comments.

I'm not sure, but I guess that you want to update parameters in RA from your CI tool. And the CI tool can call only single REST call in one action.

If my understanding is correct, I think it is not possible to update multiple Environment parameters using REST in single call.

If the CI tool can use batch/shell script or executable file instead of REST, you may be able to implement using script or program included multi REST calls.

Or, if you can accept to use Release parameter instead of Environment parameter, you can update manifest file with multiple parameters and call /load-manifest REST API. However, you need to prepare manifest file before call the API, so I don't know it can be satisfied your requirement. 

/load-manifest - CA Release Automation - 6.5 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Thanks

Yas

2. 8.  Re: How to update multiple environment parameter in CA Release automation

Posted Oct 17, 2017 12:06 AM

Thanks for your reply.

yes thats correct i need this need to get updated from CI tool(bamboo). So if it is not possible from REST call.

can you please advise me from CI tool how we can write script/ batch to update or connect CA Release automation environment parameter.

so if u tell me the steps or any screen sharing corresponding to CI tool to CA release automation script/ batch code.

thanks in advance

3. 9.  Re: How to update multiple environment parameter in CA Release automation

Broadcom Employee
      Posted Oct 17, 2017 12:25 AM

I recommend to take our training courses or contact CA Services through our account team..
      Here is learning path of Release Automation.

Learning Paths 

Regards

Yas