Symantec IGA

• 1.  Setting property values in IG when UI is unavailable

Posted Oct 12, 2017 02:08 PM
      |   view attached

Attempting to setup SM authentication for IG on the VApp, I have 'locked' my self out of the IG interface and I am receiving:

"CA SiteMininder is enabled, but the session did not contain authentication information"

I am unable to login with the AD1\EAdmin account (or any other) in the IG UI

This resulted from setting the following values:

sage.security.SiteMinder.enabled      true

sage.security.disable.IMAuthentication false

I have directly modified the eurikify_sdb SAGE_PREFERENCES database values for these items and changed them back to their original values and restarted the IG, however I am receiving the same error message.

I can only surmise that a local copy of the property values are being used on startup and the database values are not read.  

How do I reset the property values to allow me to login to the IG UI, or force the database values to be read?

• 2.  Re: Setting property values in IG when UI is unavailable

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 18, 2017 07:58 AM

Hi

Noticed you are having a support case #00863542 that is the best choice to work in this troubleshooting this configuration you are trying due the complex need more deep analysis from IG and SSO perspective.
    Please, also check SSO logs

• 3.  Re: Setting property values in IG when UI is unavailable
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 18, 2017 08:46 AM

The solution is (I forgot to execute the commit statement):

sqlplus user/pass@{tnsnames.ora connection to the eurekify_sdb}

update SAGE_PREFERENCES set value = 'false' where name = 'sage.security.siteminder.enabled';
    update SAGE_PREFERENCES set value = 'true' where name = 'sage.security.disable.IMAuthentication';

commit;

Select * from SAGE_PREFERENCES WHERE NAME like 'sage.security';

and restart the IG server