CA Service Management

• 1.  Forgot the password of Odbc 64 bit CA Servicedesk manager

Posted Oct 13, 2017 05:17 PM

CABI 4.1 SP3.   I forgot the password of ODBC 64 bits of casd_<server> . Trying to do a Test Connect  I got the error username or password incorrect. I know the username is ok.  Anybody have any suggestion ? 

Tks in advance.

• 2.  Re: Forgot the password of Odbc 64 bit CA Servicedesk manager

Posted Oct 13, 2017 06:25 PM

I saw the following note : 

but trying to access : Not Found ... 

• 3.  Re: Forgot the password of Odbc 64 bit CA Servicedesk manager

Posted Oct 13, 2017 06:33 PM

The correct question : How to reset the CA Business Intelligence (CABI) Administrator password in CABI 4.x

I guess is the same problem to fix.

• 4.  Re: Forgot the password of Odbc 64 bit CA Servicedesk manager

Posted Oct 15, 2017 11:25 PM

Hello,

That TEC document was Retired. I've put a plain text copy of the information below.

CAUTION: I'm not sure why it was retired, so use that information with care. It may contain flaws. 

Similar documents are available from Google's Cache. The same caveat applies, as this is no longer current information.

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:rwdcMeUSLc8J:https://support.ca.com/us/knowledge-base-articles.TEC… 

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:UjurEHhHq5QJ:https://support.ca.com/us/knowledge-base-articles.tec… 

Finally, have you considered a reinstallation/reconfiguration? I'm pretty sure you can reset the password that way. The former seems like overkill.

Full Installation - CA Business Intelligence - 4.1 SP3 - CA Technologies Documentation 

There's also a Modify installation - I didn't see the password there though:

Modify CA Business Intelligence Platform Installation - CA Business Intelligence - 4.1 SP3 - CA Technologies Documentati… 

Just to be clear, I'm just providing "best guesses" based off the above link you provided.  

Other folks may be able to help out with the recommended way of doing things.

Thanks, Kyle_R.

-------------- RETIRED DOCUMENT

TEC1501374

Question:

How to reset the CA Business Intelligence (CABI) 4.x Administrator account password?

Answer:

1. From the Central Configuration Manager (CCM) on the CABI server, stop the Server Intelligence Agent (SIA).

2. Right-click on the SIA and select 'Properties'. Copy the entire command line.

3. Open a "Command Prompt" window with 'Run as Administrator', enter the full path to the CMS.exe file and paste in the contents from step #2.

4. Append -serverconsole switch to the command and press Enter.

For example: "C:\Program Files (x86)\CA\SC\CommonReporting4\win64_x64\cms.exe" -loggingPath "C:\Program Files (x86)\SC\CommonReporting4/logging/" -port 6400 -restart -dbinfo "C:/Program Files (x86)/SC/CommonReporting4/win64_x64/_boe_ACME.dbinfo" -noauditor -autoboot -fg -name ACME.cms -pidfile "C:/Program Files (x86)/SC/CommonReporting4/serverpids/ACME_ACME.CentralManagementServer.pid" -serverconsole

The CMS is launched in serverconsole mode. You will be prompted when the CMS is ready to accept commands.

5. Go to the following folder: <CABI Install Folder>\dfo

The dfo folder contains a subfolder with a randomly generated name starting with dfo_.

6. Copy the file named BusinessObjects_Administrator_dfo.xml from inside the dfo_ folder to the following folder:<CABI Install Folder>\packages

7. Enter the following query on the command prompt started in step #3:

select si_id from ci_systemobjects where si_name='Administrator'

Record the SI_ID for the object. Tip: SI_ID should be 12.

8. Delete the object by typing the following command:

delete <ID_NUMBER>

9. Verify that the objects have been deleted by re-entering the command from step #7:

select si_id from ci_systemobjects where si_name='Administrator'

No objects should be returned.

10. Enter the following query:

select si_id from ci_systemobjects where si_name='BusinessObjects_Administrator_dfo.xml'

One object should be returned. Record the object's SI_ID number.

11. Delete the object by entering the following command:

delete <SI_ID>

12. Type quit to exit.

13. Use the CCM to restart the SIA.

You can now log on to the Central Management Console (CMC) using the CABI administrator account without having to provide password (leave the "Password" field blank).

14.  Set the password for the Administrator account via the 'Users and Groups' section of the CMC.

• 5.  Re: Forgot the password of Odbc 64 bit CA Servicedesk manager

Posted Oct 16, 2017 09:07 AM

Thanks Kyle_R!

@rubem - did Kyle's post help you out here?

If so, can you please mark it as the correct answer on this one?

Thanks!

Jon

• 6.  Re: Forgot the password of Odbc 64 bit CA Servicedesk manager
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 16, 2017 09:34 AM

There is a difference between the CABI Administrator password and the account used in the SDM-CABI ODBC connection.

Based on the information provided, it appears that you trying to perform a TEST CONNECTION on the SDM-CABI ODBC connection - is this correct?

If so, any SDM contact record with Administrator rights can be used in that ODBC configuration.

• 7.  Re: Forgot the password of Odbc 64 bit CA Servicedesk manager

Posted Oct 16, 2017 11:44 AM

Thanks everybody to the effort and time to answer my question. Paul is correct. Using an user with admin rights its worked.

However I did the test connection due to an error :

Database error [Microsoft][Odbc Driver Management] Data source name nor found and no default driver specified (ES 10901)(Wis 10901).

So, when I did the test and its failed ... I think the user/psw is wrong.

Tks all!

Regards.