CA Service Management

• 1.  Transfer ticket for SLA Violation

Posted Oct 15, 2017 01:38 AM

hi

how to configure request transfer to a manager when service type is violated?

• 2.  Re: Transfer ticket for SLA Violation

Posted Oct 15, 2017 10:42 PM

Hello Mohamed,

When you say "Transfer" do you mean:

A) "Send a Notification to someone, and then they will assign themselves to the ticket"

or

B) "Change the Assignee or Group to a new name"?

Because the first is a straight forward notification, while the second requires a field value to be changed.

Either way, setting up a repeating Service Type Event is one way of achieving this.

1) Set up Service Type. See:

Manage Service Type and Service Type Events - CA Service Management - 14.1 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Manage Service Type and Service Type Events - CA Service Management - 17.0 - CA Technologies Documentation 

It will need a Condition which check for the SLA Violation.

2) Do either (A) and/or (B). 

A)  Use a Site Defined Conditional Macro to send a Notification.

B) Check out the Macros "Transfer to Event Contact" or "Transfer to Event Group" and attach as an Action when True.

This should let you do this without customisation.

If you're new to Service Types, this may require you to cycle through the documentation a few times, but it's knowledge worth acquiring. A call to CA Support or questions here can help.

Thanks, Kyle_R.

• 3.  Re: Transfer ticket for SLA Violation

Posted Oct 16, 2017 02:25 AM

thankS Kyle for your reply, what i want to achieve here is to change assignee / group to a new name and site defined condition macro maybe help; but appreciate if u have a screenshot of a working transfer to event contact/group macro because iam confused a littile bit about how to use this kind of macro. Because i dont know where shall i put the userid or groupid of the event template.

Thansk

• 4.  Re: Transfer ticket for SLA Violation

Posted Oct 16, 2017 09:14 AM

Hi m.fahd  - on this one, Kyle had provided you with the links to the documentation on managing the SLAs.  This should help you accomplish what you want to do without customizations at the file level.   What you should do is run through this scenario on a test system, and set up the condition (checks for the SLA violation), and the action macro (changes the assignee or group), and run through it to see if it works the way you want it to.  The only thing that I am not sure about is that you mentioned you wanted to transfer it to the manager of the assignee correct?  I am not sure if that part can be done.  But you can certainly have the macro update the assignee or group setting it to a specific assignee or a specific group - but I am not sure about doing that dymanically dependent upon who the ticket is assigned to at the time the SLA is violated.  Not sure there is a way of doing that part. 

Typically, most customers use a site defined condition to check for an SLA violation and if there is one, they do a multiple notification macro to notify the manager of the assignee - that part you can do because the assignee's manager is an "object contact" that can be used in a notification rule for that notification macro.  So that you can certainly accomplish.

Hope this helps,

Jon I.

• 5.  Re: Transfer ticket for SLA Violation

Posted Oct 16, 2017 04:12 PM

Thanks jon

Kyle explanations was so helpfull; but i was askin if any one has sample

for transfer event for contact/ group screenshot.

What i got here is after  creating the action macro which (changes the

assignee or group) i dont know where exactly shall i put the assignee or

group exactly, in which field exactly

On Mon, Oct 16, 2017 at 9:46 PM Chris_Hackett <

• 6.  Re: Transfer ticket for SLA Violation

Posted Oct 16, 2017 04:41 PM

Hi Mohammed,

I dont have one of these set up in any of my systems at the moment.  But the basics of it are that you would create a condition - that condition would say "IF X then return True".  Then in the "Actions on True" section, you would add the event - and the event would be to update the assignee field.  In the event itself when you create it, you would add an action macro that would effectively update the assignee to whatever you specify for it to be.  If you wanted that assignee to be dyamnic - meaning it changes depending upon something else, then that would require custom spelcode to trigger it (which is that part that I am not able to assist you on).

Does anyone else out there have an example they can share with Mohammed for setting up an event/macro to update the assginee on a ticket?

• 7.  Re: Transfer ticket for SLA Violation
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 17, 2017 03:52 PM

Hi Mohamed,

We have an out of the box Action Macro to change the assignee but, unfortunately the value would be static. The Macro is called:

Transfer to Event Contact

and you would define the contact in the text field of the event firing this macro.

• 8.  Re: Transfer ticket for SLA Violation

Posted Oct 17, 2017 06:24 PM

Thanks anthony for ur reply, is there’s any special format to write the contact/group name in the text field. i.e ‘userid’ appreciate if u have sample or screenshot

• 9.  Re: Transfer ticket for SLA Violation

Posted Oct 18, 2017 01:52 PM

A contact has a userid field. That is what it is looking for. So like the ServiceDesk user has a userid of ServiceDesk.

• 10.  Re: Transfer ticket for SLA Violation

Posted Oct 19, 2017 10:36 AM

@m.fahd  - are you good to go on this one?