Clarity

• 1.  Lock a TSV value in cost plan detail

Posted Oct 16, 2017 06:03 AM

Hi,

Is it possible to lock a time scaled value in cost plan detail? or make it read only?

I have added a custom TSV field - "Baseline" to Cost Plan Detail object and am displaying it in "Amounts by Period" also.

My requirement is to copy value from planned cost into this field on-demand. I am able to achieve that via xog. But I also need to make this field as "non-editable" and I am not able to figure out how to do that.

Since its a TSV field, I do not have an option to make it read only.

In the view - > field properties, I don't have a way to control "allow editing" feature only for  a single attribute "baseline" of "Amount By Period"

"Cost Plan detail" object is not available in processes i.e. I cannot have a process on Cost Plan Detail object.

Cost Plan Detail object is alos not available to be linked to Cost Plan Object. So I do not see any way to lock this custom field in a process too.

Any idea/ suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Ashmi

• 2.  Re: Lock a TSV value in cost plan detail

Posted Oct 16, 2017 07:04 AM

Similar to this?

lock cost plan for certain users after specifi time 

https://communities.ca.com/message/100644450  

NJ

• 3.  Re: Lock a TSV value in cost plan detail

Posted Oct 17, 2017 12:55 AM

Thanks NJ but I want the all other att in cost plan to be editable except 1 custom att.

• 4.  Re: Lock a TSV value in cost plan detail
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 16, 2017 02:52 PM

one work around, many of us may not like the approach  , if clarity is on premise,  can get the unique id of baseline row for that cost plan, you can insert that value into the locked attribute table odf_locked_attributes. Then the whole record gets locked. But the responsibility lies with you to send the proper code to the above table. Test it in non-prod(Dev) environment.

The approach was used for cost plan and benefit plan.

https://communities.ca.com/thread/10044444

• 5.  Re: Lock a TSV value in cost plan detail

Posted Oct 17, 2017 12:53 AM

Thanks begsh04! I will try using this approach

• 6.  Re: Lock a TSV value in cost plan detail

Posted Oct 16, 2017 08:39 PM

Have you considered using the Budget Approval, which will take a copy of the Cost Plan to a Budget Plan with the Budget Plan not being able to be edited?

Otherwise, in theory, it is possible to lock a TSV on an object, but, in your case, the TSV is on the Cost Plan Detail where you can not start a process on (or even write a process against Cost Plan Detail, even though the object is ticked with Event Enabled).  This is on V15.2.

We had a similar challenge with Benefit Plan, and I overcome this restriction by creating a Custom Object which users populate, and then copying the data periodically to the Benefit Plan so it could then be used in Portfolio management etc.  The Custom Object is also used to record non-financial benefits, so it wasn't just this restriction that this path was used.  The process against the Custom Object can then set the 'baseline' TSV attribute to be locked, with a second process that the PMO can run if required to unlock it. 

• 7.  Re: Lock a TSV value in cost plan detail

Posted Oct 17, 2017 12:57 AM

Thanks Roland! I think I will try the approach suggested by begsh04. If that is possible, I will achieve exactly what is required

• 8.  Re: Lock a TSV value in cost plan detail

Posted Jul 11, 2018 09:23 AM

Dear ashmi_ashma,

I have similar type of requirement as you and tried to apply this approach, but no success so far.

Could you pleas advise how you implemented this.

Regards

Mridula