CA Service Management

• 1.  CA SAM Import Licenses

Posted Oct 16, 2017 05:23 AM

Hi,

Is there no way  in SAM to export effective licenses from a testenvironment and import them into production?

I don't see the table "licenses" on the export page.

Thanks,

Markus 

• 2.  Re: CA SAM Import Licenses

Posted Oct 16, 2017 09:15 AM

hendo04 or Carol.Uranker - can either of you guys provide some insight on this one?

Thanks,

Jon

• 3.  Re: CA SAM Import Licenses

Posted Oct 16, 2017 09:38 AM

Markus,

Please find the necessary information defined in the applications on-line HELP '?"  Search Export-

Exchange > Data exchange > Export - CA Software Asset Manager (CA SAM 17.0 PRODUCTION)

With the Export function in Exchange > Data exchange,you can export a table with data and re-import it without any problems -- for example after editing it.

Also, there is an Export option on Licenses->Effective licenses opting for 

Hope this helps-

-Carol Uranker

• 4.  Re: CA SAM Import Licenses

Posted Oct 17, 2017 08:10 AM

Hi Carol,

unfortunately Effective Licenses is the outcome of the whole chain of license entries, combining initial license entries, updates, SW mantenance, license transfers, ...

Meaning: this would not be the correct source for copying licenses from one SAM install to another. We would need tapping history-data for achieving this.

I would be interested in a promotion (or demotion) procedure as well.

Cordially,

Tom

• 5.  Re: CA SAM Import Licenses

Posted Oct 17, 2017 08:19 AM

Hi,

of course, there is the option to enable the old license import functionality. But this is only half the job.

As Tom said, the Export you described Carol, cannot be used as data source for the import. What we would need are the ETL steps for licensens.

I fear, that there is nothing like this. 

Best regards,

Markus