CA Service Management

• 1.  How to set BREL field with PRESET

Posted Oct 17, 2017 02:27 AM

Dear all,

Is it possible to create a BREL relation with PRESET or PRESET_REL functions? I'd like to create an asset change relationship on change page load. I've tried some different syntaxes with PRESET_REL but I couldn't achieve it.

BR

Utku

• 2.  Re: How to set BREL field with PRESET
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 17, 2017 06:30 AM

hi Utku,

afaik it's not possible to create blrel without spel, as a workaround you can pass KEEP argument to url:

+KEEP.zCreateRel=chg

then on page load call background ajax to call webengine op to create relation:

if ("$args.KEEP.zCreateRel" == "chg") <func_here>

and i want to warn that it's not an easy one, if you haven't done this before...

Regadrs,

cdtj

• 3.  Re: How to set BREL field with PRESET

Posted Oct 18, 2017 04:40 AM

Hi cdtj

I have some custom webengine ops, but what i'm wondering if that works on first load after create new change order, I don't have an ID at that step, just persistent_id is set. 

• 4.  Re: How to set BREL field with PRESET

Posted Oct 17, 2017 08:06 PM

Hi, 

Just a thought.. If you attach your CIs to a template you could start a new CO from a URL and pass the template id, which would then get the CIs from the template.

Cdtj provided a customization that copies brel data from a template, which can be called in the tmpl_site.spl file. 

• 5.  Re: How to set BREL field with PRESET

Posted Oct 30, 2017 04:42 PM

Hi utku.alp  - do you still need any help on this one or are you good to go with it at this point with the info provide by gbruneau  and cdtj ?