CA Service Management

Expand all | Collapse all

Priority  in "Edit in list"

• 1.  Priority  in "Edit in list"

Posted Oct 17, 2017 06:35 AM

Hi,

Can we automated Priority to incident tickets in edit in list?

We added Urgency and Impact fields in edit in list and list column of incident list page, so I can able to change priority manually. when selecting urgency and Impact , priority is not changing automatically. Is there any provision to automate

the functionality like in detail page.

Regards

K Rao.

• 2.  Re: Priority  in "Edit in list"

Posted Oct 17, 2017 08:39 AM

Hi K Rao, 

On this one you are saying that you added the urgency and impact fields to the list form so that you can use those via the edit-in-list functionality, but that when you update the impact and urgency on multiple tickets via the edit-in-list functionality, the priority calculation for each incident is not triggered?

Let me know if I am interpreting this correctly.

Thanks,

Jon I.

• 3.  Re: Priority  in "Edit in list"

Posted Oct 17, 2017 08:47 AM
      |   view attached

Hi,

I added both Impact and urgency fields in Edit in list also, there changing them and trying to update priority manually, it is working, but I do not want priority change manually, it should be automatic, when I choose respective Urgency and Impact in edit in list according to matrix. Will it be possible?

• 4.  Re: Priority  in "Edit in list"

Posted Oct 17, 2017 08:51 AM

Hi K Rao,

I would have to test that out as I have not tried that myself.  If I had to guess on this one I would say that when you set the impact and urgency on an individual ticket (by editing the ticket itself and not using edit-in-list) there is a trigger that kicks off the priority matrix calculation and sets the priority accordingly, however maybe that trigger does not get triggered when using the edit-in-list functionality.  I am not sure that the product was designed to do what you are looking to do here by bulk editing impact and urgency and having the priority calculation triggered when doing so.

I would have to test this out in-house and see if I get the same behavior.

In the mean time - one question for you... when you manually edit a ticket individually (not using edit-in-list) and set the impact and urgency, then save it, does the priority calculation work properly?

Thanks,

Jon I.

• 5.  Re: Priority  in "Edit in list"

Posted Oct 17, 2017 09:14 AM
      |   view attached

I am changing the priority also manually and saving it.

• 6.  Re: Priority  in "Edit in list"

Posted Oct 17, 2017 09:16 AM

I am asking you that if you edit a single ticket NOT using edit-in-list, but opening that single ticket in edit-mode, and then changing the impact and urgency, then saving it - does the priority automatically update?

In other words, is priority calculation working at all in your environment?

• 7.  Re: Priority  in "Edit in list"

Posted Oct 17, 2017 09:34 AM
      |   view attached

Yes, it is working

• 8.  Re: Priority  in "Edit in list"

Posted Oct 17, 2017 09:35 AM

I just tested this in my own system by adding Impact and Urgency to the list form, as well as to the javascript code to allow both of those fields to be used with edit-in-list functionality.  I then pulled up a list of incidents and changed the urgency and impact on the first one in the list using the edit-in-list function.  After saving the changes to the impact and urgency fields, I refreshed the list of incidents and the incident that I edited shows the proper priority based on the calculation.  So this does appear to be working.

Again I am not sure exactly what you are asking here.  Are you asking how to block priority from being able to be manually changed using edit-in-list? 

• 9.  Re: Priority  in "Edit in list"

Posted Oct 17, 2017 09:39 AM
      |   view attached

No, I am doing it now manually means, choosing all three fields urgency, impact, priority, then saving it.

It should work as in detail page of incident on priority calucation

• 10.  Re: Priority  in "Edit in list"

Posted Oct 17, 2017 09:45 AM

What happens if you dont set priority manually but you just set urgency and impact?  Does that work? Does the priority calculation set the priority correctly on its own?

Again - not sure what you are asking here...

• 11.  Re: Priority  in "Edit in list"

Posted Oct 17, 2017 09:56 AM
      |   view attached

No, priority is not set it’s own in edit list.

• 12.  Re: Priority  in "Edit in list"

Posted Oct 17, 2017 09:58 AM

Ok - but it IS set when you set impact and urgency on the detail form in edit mode?

• 13.  Re: Priority  in "Edit in list"

Posted Oct 17, 2017 10:30 AM
      |   view attached

Requirement is that automate priority assignment to the ticket through edit in list also.

Will it be possible?

• 14.  Re: Priority  in "Edit in list"

Posted Oct 17, 2017 10:44 AM
      |   view attached

Hi Jon,

Could you please post me the java script you are using.

• 15.  Re: Priority  in "Edit in list"

Posted Oct 17, 2017 11:12 AM

Follow this document: How do I add the Group column to the Request List form for purposes of "Edit-In-List"? 

The bottom section shows you the javascript where you have to add the attributes which you want to be able to use in the edit-in-list functionality.

I dont think this is what you need as you already are able to edit them in the end-in-list functionality...

If you can give me an idea of exactly what the need is, I can help you out more here.

Thanks,

Jon

• 16.  Re: Priority  in "Edit in list"

Posted Oct 25, 2017 09:24 AM
      |   view attached

Hi,

I gone through the documentation, it helps me to understand the functionality of Group field in edit in list.

I was added urgency and Impact fields beside the priority field in edit in list but when changing urgency and Impact, priority is not automatically updating based on priority matrix calculation.

Is there possibility to automate in edit in list like in detail page?

• 17.  Re: Priority  in "Edit in list"
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 25, 2017 09:31 AM

Hi Venkateswararao,

I dont beleive the trigger is there to kick off the priority calculation.  I think that is only triggered from the detail form being in edit mode.  Not sure how to make the edit-in-list behave the same way and use that trigger.