Endevor

• 1.  CA Endevor - how to find all compilation failed elements through batch?

Posted Oct 17, 2017 11:03 AM

Hello Everyone, I am trying to find all the elements in endevor with failed compilation status. We want to clean our test environments for all entries with failed status. We want to make this as a batch job to find these list of components every day. I tried to make use of endevor reports, but no where I could find the return codes (PRRC or NDRC). Infact report says that its already present in Stage 1 though it has an RC of 0008. Also I tried to see if I can use LIST ELEMENT option to generate SCL including WHERE GENERATE FAILED option. I am unsure if my SCL is right. My SCL looks something like this.

LIST ELEMENT '*'
    FROM ENVIRONMENT 'eee' SYSTEM 'ssss' SUBSYSTEM 'yyy'
    TYPE 'COB2BDB2' STAGE 1
    TO DSNAME 'T123456.MEMBERS.JCLLIB' MEMBER 'TEST2'
    WHERE GENERATE FAILED
    OPTIONS NOSEARCH
    BUILD ACTION &&ACTION

So request you to throw some inputs of how to generate a report to catch the elements which failed in compilations (PRRC or NDRC > 0004) through a batch process?

Thanks,

Suman.

• 2.  Re: CA Endevor - how to find all compilation failed elements through batch?
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 17, 2017 12:44 PM

Your syntax should work for *failed* elements but I would wildcard all the env, sys, and subsys variables.

I'm also assuming they are actually marked as *failed* and that you're not just searching for elements that may have failed but that you have written your processor such that Endevor hasn't marked it as *failed*.